• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend

rocks860

I've never been to either. What are ticket prices like there?

Edit: looks like a one day ticket at platty is 44 bucks online. Is this storm supposed to hit out there too?

rocks860

Looks like it would take about the same time if not more to get there over mrg

Also looks like saturday is their winterfest, will it be crowded?

gmcunni

smuggs - $56. never been, on my to-do list

some S NH places might be interesting.. not the largest mountains but can be fun, crotched or pats peak

rocks860

some S NH places might be interesting.. not the largest mountains but can be fun, crotched or pats peak

Yeah I've always wanted to go there but I think it's too long for a day trip. Looks like platty is supposed to get rain on wednesday

ScottySkis

I've never been to either. What are ticket prices like there?

Edit: looks like a one day ticket at platty is 44 bucks online. Is this storm supposed to hit out there too?

Hunter and Platty are great for experts. Check NOAA for Roxbury for weather for Platty and hunter town for hunter both elevation around 3000 high to start so that will help with snow freeze line.

Savemeasammy

I'd be wary of Smugg's this weekend. It's the tail end of Canadian vacation. Sun might clear out early, but I'd bet Saturday will be busy.

Whaleback is another cheap nh option. I was there last weekend, and had a great time. Several natural bump runs - including some blue squares. There is even a bump comp (open to all) on Sat if you are into that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocks860

Hunter and Platty are great for experts. Check NOAA for Roxbury for weather for Platty and hunter town for hunter both elevation around 3000 high to start so that will help with snow freeze line.

I'm not sure that I totally understand this post

chuckstah

I just remembered that the Telemark Fest is at Mad River this weekend. It is going to be jam packed.

drjeff

The temperatures are going to be comfortable for the 1st weekend in almost 2 months, regardless of what falls precip wise in the next 48hrs, the snow cover is till deep and everyone will be 100% open, it doesn't look like they'll be any weather events to affect the drive to/from the mountains either day this week - this could very well end up being the busiest weekend of the year for the Northeast ski industry

rocks860

Hmm well then doesn't look like that's a good option. I'd like to check out platty but I'm concerned about the rain on wednesday

gmcunni

DST kicks in sunday morning.. if you are planning a day trip keep in mind you will be losing an hour sleep

rocks860

It will definitely be a day trip, I'll have to check the weather cause I'd like to check out platty, right combo of distance and price

arik

you could ski Berkshire east on Saturday and save yourself some drive time

conditions are good and it's a nice mountain with steep parts, lots of bumps, good trees

rocks860

you could ski Berkshire east on Saturday and save yourself some drive time

conditions are good and it's a nice mountain with steep parts, lots of bumps, good trees

I'm pretty sure tickets there are like 60 bucks vs the 44 at platty unless I can find a deal. I'd also like to avoid the crowds. Beast would definitely be closer, I've never been to either

VTKilarney

Jimminy Peak is the $50s and is a lot closer than Platekill if you are coming from central CT. You'd save the difference compared to Plattekill in gas alone.