• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend

rocks860

Jimminy Peak is the $50s and is a lot closer than Platekill if you are coming from central CT. You'd save the difference compared to Plattekill in gas alone.

Never been there either. Where do you see 50? Their site says you have to buy a card similar to Stowe and its 69 bucks for 1 day

BenedictGomez

rocks860

Well I guess it's narrowed down to platty or berkshire east. 44 for platty or 60 for beast

arik

I'm pretty sure tickets there are like 60 bucks vs the 44 at platty unless I can find a deal. I'd also like to avoid the crowds. Beast would definitely be closer, I've never been to either

B-east afternoon tickets are $40 starting at 12:45

it's $5 more to add night skiing and they are open till 10 pm on Saturdays so you can still get in a good day of skiing if you don't mind sleeping in

The Crazy Horse at B-east has great beer on tap and good food

rocks860

B-east afternoon tickets are $40 starting at 12:45

it's $5 more to add night skiing and they are open till 10 pm on Saturdays so you can still get in a good day of skiing if you don't mind sleeping in

The Crazy Horse at B-east has great beer on tap and good food

Unfortunately I think I'd have to do it during the day as I'm leaving the gf at home and I'm sure she's going to want to do something that night

trackbiker

Unfortunately I think I'd have to do it during the day as I'm leaving the gf at home and I'm sure she's going to want to do something that night
Both are great mountains and you'll likely be back to whichever you choose. If you have to meet up with the gf that night I would go to whichever is closer. If the gf is not going to be a long term thing I would go to Platty. ;-)

rocks860

So it looks like I'll be heading to platty on Saturday. Never been, is there anything in particular I should check out?

C-Rex

Definitely do that. The bike trails are awesome. Just watch out for drops and kickers and whatnot. They aren't always labeled and some are fairly tall. I went off one that was like 5 or 6 feet and ended up with way too much speed after landing. I ended up bouncing off a couple bumps on my ass to keep from hitting a tree. It was fun though!