• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Douchebag litterbugs

BenedictGomez

want some straw to chew on?

noanger.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
yup, you got me BG. I booted up in the back of my car this morning and had a nice tall glass of hatorade.

Again, want some straw? There's no anger. If you're going to be a trolling douche, I'm going to call you on it.

We get it. You're hardcore. You boot up at the car and are prepared to take on the elements no matter what the weather throws at you. People who carry a backpack are high maintenance.

feel free to post another cute picture if you want.

Wavewheeler

This is a common thing, people go to state and county parks or remote sections of roads to dump trash. I don't understand why on earth someone would do this. WTH wrong with their garbage can? Luckily NJF&G has been cracking down on this recently and has posted the info. The fines are sometimes small (TOO SMALL), but hopefully the public shaming campaign has an impact.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/8_arrested_for_illegal_dumping_in_nj_open_space_ar.html

Ugh..I agree..the fines aren't big enough. You kick a dog and get into more trouble!

I see litter all over the place when I'm outdoors. Trash along rivers, roads. I kayak and camp along the Susquehanna, which is a beautiful river but down near Harrisburg the river is filled with trash and old tires. People even litter in the Pine Barrens. It's so sad. Don't even talk to me about the beaches. I won't go to Sandy Hook because of all the trash. It's awful.

One nice thing about the NYS parks where you pay $8-12 to go hiking is that they are clean. I rarely see litter in places like Minnewaska State Park or the Mohonk Preserve.

I hope things are better out West, which is where I plan to head to in little over a year. It's just too crowded, congested and dirty here. With so many people and cities it's not surprising things are trashed.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
That's why I avoid mountains with these types of people. I was at MRG last Sunday and it was busy during lunch. Someone saw me looking for a place to sit and someone who saw me had his whole group move down a chair and offered a spot at their table. These folks were complete strangers but this happens all the time when I'm at Wildcat, Magic, MRG, and Smuggs (when it's not a shit show).
THIS. I'm with you all the way. Great places to chill. One reason I stopped going to Kmart, years ago. I love the mountain, it's the customers that give me pause.

Wavewheeler

There are only two things that are acceptable to throw/sling off a chairlift, and that's bra or panties onto a bra tree

Seems like every ski resort has a bra tree. My daughter and I got into quite a conversation about this at Blue the other day.

"Who started doing this and why? Was it a frat/sorority house prank?"

"So how do they pick which tree to use..Why THAT tree?"

"Do they realize how expensive these bras are?" (She shops at Victoria Secret for her bras..no Walmart for my daughter!" :lol:

benski

In Blue mountain in Westchester has 2 tv left on the side of the trails. The people who brought them there must have been trying to be assholes since it was not continent for them to bring it there. People also used a now closed road as a dump and then moved on to a parking lot which is now a significantly smaller Becouse of them. Those people must be such trash.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

If you're going to be a trolling douche, I'm going to call you on it. We get it. You're hardcore. You boot up at the car and are prepared to take on the elements no matter what the weather throws at you. People who carry a backpack are high maintenance.

No.

1) I boot up at the car as I think it's much easier than carrying crap to the lodge and leaving bags laying about.
2) I have no idea how you think where folks boot up somehow could possibly suggest someone is/isnt "hardcore".
3) I still say you seem bizarrely and illogically angry over a small subject that is incredibly trivial and dumb.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I always figured that there was either lunch,alcohol or both in that pack. I was a single on a quad, the other three were friends. One opens his backpack, pulls out this monolithic glob of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They peeled them off, two each, and were done with lunch before the chair reached the top. That's one way to get a lot of runs in!

I bootup in the lodge because I'm too lazy, not in a rush, want to save the boot wear and tear, don't want to fall in the parking lot. But I always find a place to put my bag, out of the way and NEVER under the table.

BenedictGomez

opens his backpack, pulls out this monolithic glob of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They peeled them off, two each, and were done with lunch before the chair reached the top. That's one way to get a lot of runs in!

That's the best reason I've heard for carrying a bag. Good SOTC tip too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
3) I still say you seem bizarrely and illogically angry over a small subject that is incredibly trivial and dumb.

Just because I think you're a douche for calling me "high maintenance" for carrying a backpack doesn't mean I'm angry BG.

Sorry to disappoint

Jcb890

I always bring a bag in with me. But, I always check my bag also. I much prefer to get changed in and out of my stuff inside of the lodge.

Cannonball

When I snowboard I boot up at home and drive to the mountain fully geared up. Since I don't have any reason to go inside I rarely bring a bag.

When I ski I sometimes boot up in the car but I kind of hate that. So I usually boot up in the lodge. Since I have to go in anyway and have to leave my shoes somewhere, I usually bring a bag full of stuff.

Man skiing is a PIA.

Wavewheeler

. I was a single on a quad, the other three were friends. One opens his backpack, pulls out this monolithic glob of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They peeled them off, two each, and were done with lunch before the chair reached the top. That's one way to get a lot of runs in!

Sounds like me. I carry 3 Kind bars with me and those little packets of cheese in my coat pocket. I nibble at them as I'm skiing. I have a very small bottle holder that straps around my waist that I use for hiking as well. Works very well. Saves $$$ too. I eat a big breakfast beforehand and enjoy a nice dinner afterwards. :)

Smellytele

Not that this adds anything or anyone cares but when I am with others I go with what the majority wants to do. I suggest booting up at the car but if they don't want to I will go inside also on windy cold days I will go inside. At the home hill now that I don't have a standard I put my left boot on at home and the right one on when I get there. The kids boot up at home on most trips less than 1/2 an hour.

Jully

I always bring a bag in with me. But, I always check my bag also. I much prefer to get changed in and out of my stuff inside of the lodge.

Its no fun to boot up in the car if its 5 degrees out and windy as it was for most of this winter so far. If its a really nice day and its a crowded lodge at a place like Loon or anywhere in So. VT I'll boot up in the car. However the lodge is there for a reason, and if you're skiing somewhere that has little crowds or huge lodge places like Sugarloaf, Wildcat, Crotched, I don't see the downside of not going into the lodge and getting changed, it's warmer and oftentimes closer to the lift than trudging across the parking lot in ski boots damaging them or even slipping if it's an icy day. Plus I bring a lunch most times, way too expensive to buy a charred burger or 3 chicken fingers for $9.00.

Making home base your car seems a little inefficient to me at large resorts. At smaller hills and a nice day though, it can totally work to boot up in the car.

Jcb890

Its no fun to boot up in the car if its 5 degrees out and windy as it was for most of this winter so far. If its a really nice day and its a crowded lodge at a place like Loon or anywhere in So. VT I'll boot up in the car. However the lodge is there for a reason, and if you're skiing somewhere that has little crowds or huge lodge places like Sugarloaf, Wildcat, Crotched, I don't see the downside of not going into the lodge and getting changed, it's warmer and oftentimes closer to the lift than trudging across the parking lot in ski boots damaging them or even slipping if it's an icy day. Plus I bring a lunch most times, way too expensive to buy a charred burger or 3 chicken fingers for $9.00.

Making home base your car seems a little inefficient to me at large resorts. At smaller hills and a nice day though, it can totally work to boot up in the car.

We always bring our own lunches and snacks also.

I figure, I'm always there early enough that crowds are not too insane even at a busy place like Mount Snow. So, we take the extra couple of minutes to change inside and check our bag(s).

SkiFanE

Before kids we avoided lodges like the plague. The stuffiness, smells, noise, people... always brought cooler with sandwiches and beer for lunch and eat at car. My memory is sketchy, but were always able to do this at every mountain. Pained me when we had kids and started to use the lodge lol. Now at SR if there's a full parking lot by time we get there (8:15), we'll park on access Road, which is about 15 feet from RoadRunner trail, bootup in car and head down trail right to lift. I love skipping the lodge in AM - just takes precious time. My husband takes 10 minutes longer to boot up than me - drives me crazy - so he'll boot up at home if we know we'll be parking on access road.