• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Douchebag litterbugs

Scruffy

Most days we have a posse that meets in the lodge before, who ever shows up skis together, so there is incentive to be in the lodge in the morning. It's a social thing. You chat while booting, then ski. I boot up at the car when I feel like skiing alone and I'm trying to avoid meeting up with anyone I know in the lodge, which is rare.

Jcb890

I have seen him. He has the helmet on and goggles in the down position. Gloves and everything. He does a j turn in the spot and he is out.

:lol: Haha! I couldn't imagine driving up to the mountain with all of my stuff on. Not to mention, it would be dangerous driving with boots on I would think.

SkiFanE

Is he really fussy with his boot fit?
He needs custom soles and fitting with boots - so they seem to be hard to get on - I don't get it, my boots slip right on. Then he has to change socks - he says he feet will sweat between home and mountain, so he has to put on ski socks. I don't know...all I know is I'll be standing around for 10 minutes 100% ready to ski off, while he's still futzing with his stuff.

Jcb890

He needs custom soles and fitting with boots - so they seem to be hard to get on - I don't get it, my boots slip right on. Then he has to change socks - he says he feet will sweat between home and mountain, so he has to put on ski socks. I don't know...all I know is I'll be standing around for 10 minutes 100% ready to ski off, while he's still futzing with his stuff.

I don't have custom soles or anything like that. However, I wear a separate pair of socks for the drive up than I do for while I am snowboarding. Like your husband, my feet will sweat on the car ride up to the mountain. I get really warm in the car though usually. If I'm taking a long road trip, I'll wear shorts and t-shirt regardless of outside temperature. Even when it is very cold out, I'll wear a t-shirt in the car - I just always wind up too warm or uncomfortable if I'm wearing a sweatshirt or jacket in the car.

To me, the extra few minutes in the lodge is worth the comfort. Does it take extra time? Of course. But, I get to the mountain early enough (usually) that it doesn't really matter.

SkiFanE

I don't have custom soles or anything like that. However, I wear a separate pair of socks for the drive up than I do for while I am snowboarding. Like your husband, my feet will sweat on the car ride up to the mountain. I get really warm in the car though usually. If I'm taking a long road trip, I'll wear shorts and t-shirt regardless of outside temperature. Even when it is very cold out, I'll wear a t-shirt in the car - I just always wind up too warm or uncomfortable if I'm wearing a sweatshirt or jacket in the car.

To me, the extra few minutes in the lodge is worth the comfort. Does it take extra time? Of course. But, I get to the mountain early enough (usually) that it doesn't really matter.

Lol...after skiing with the guy for 25+ years I know the drill. If we boot up in car...at least he doesn't have time to chat with ski buddies :evil: I get up so early to get kids and myself ready...that by the time I'm at the mountain I just want to effing ski!!!!

ThinkSnow

If you know this is always going to happen, why don't you just take a warm-up run instead of waiting??

Jcb890

Lol...after skiing with the guy for 25+ years I know the drill. If we boot up in car...at least he doesn't have time to chat with ski buddies :evil: I get up so early to get kids and myself ready...that by the time I'm at the mountain I just want to effing ski!!!!

Ha! That's me too. My wife gives me a hard time for chatting with random strangers.

SnowRock

This is a common thing, people go to state and county parks or remote sections of roads to dump trash. I don't understand why on earth someone would do this. WTH wrong with their garbage can? Luckily NJF&G has been cracking down on this recently and has posted the info. The fines are sometimes small (TOO SMALL), but hopefully the public shaming campaign has an impact.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/8_arrested_for_illegal_dumping_in_nj_open_space_ar.html

I mt bike where some of those dbags were caught. Its shame and needs more patrolling as it can be a mess back there.

ironhippy

The worst part is that illegal dumping is the number one reason why roads get gates installed on them, closing access to everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SkiFanE

If you know this is always going to happen, why don't you just take a warm-up run instead of waiting??

Not enough time really. And I know that getting separated can cause more problems (I waited and waited....). I'll just hang and check conditions on phone, or get an OJ, then ask him if he's almost ready, ignore dirty look, go back to phone lmao.

Domeskier

That thing is freakin' scary!

I think his original them song went something like "In the city or in the woods, help keep America looking good (or Woodsy Owl will track you down and rip out your liver while you sleep)."

The Sneak

Sometimes you have to speak up...and confront the dickheads of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk