Mayweather or Pacquiao?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayweather or Pacquiao?

I know this is really off topic, but who do you think wins May 2nd?

The promoters?
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Don't care!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Don't care!

So I ended up watching the fight. Brother in law ordered on PPV and had a little get together.

I think this may have been the fourth "big" fight I've watched in my life. Two were Tyson/Holyfield while working as a bartender, the other was Hagler/Leonard as a kid.

I think the problem with boxing is that it's not fighting. Almost every one I know wanted to see Manny knockout Floyd because Floyd is a wife beater and has a jerk personality. Neither boxer got close to knocking the opponent out. There was great skill displayed, but no fireworks.

I guess that's why MMA taking over. The blood lust of the viewer gets fed.

In the end both "sports" are barbaric and pretty silly. It's kind of sickening so much money is involved

Based on what I have been hearing - glad I did not care!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

Who won? Too lazy to look it up myself.

But not, apparently, too lazy to type this...
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

That I is because you are already here.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    So I ended up watching the fight. Brother in law ordered on PPV and had a little get together.

I think this may have been the fourth "big" fight I've watched in my life. Two were Tyson/Holyfield while working as a bartender, the other was Hagler/Leonard as a kid.

I think the problem with boxing is that it's not fighting. Almost every one I know wanted to see Manny knockout Floyd because Floyd is a wife beater and has a jerk personality. Neither boxer got close to knocking the opponent out. There was great skill displayed, but no fireworks.

I guess that's why MMA taking over. The blood lust of the viewer gets fed.

In the end both "sports" are barbaric and pretty silly. It's kind of sickening so much money is involved
    So I assume you didn't have any money on the fight? Mayweather by decision is easy money.

You also typically don't see serious beatdowns in the lower weight classes, outside of some notorious bangers which are the outliers, its more of a finesse game. Fireworks are never really prevalent in the lower weight classes.

Ward - Gatti 1 though is pretty much the exception to the rule. Serious fight there and pretty much my introduction to boxing at the time. Mass. boy bringing the heat!

https://youtu.be/UM0bpk6pSBw
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Thread Information