• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can You Hear Me Now?

Cornhead

My parents are in their golden years, Mom is 84, Dad 91. They get along great with one exception, Dad is hard of hearing and refuses to wear a hearing aid. He is willing to wear Sennheiser RF headphones while watching TV, a real blessing since he likes to watch cop shows. The typical scenario is, she yells at him to be heard, he gets mad because she's yelling, she gets mad because she has to yell. This has been going on for ten years. Yesterday I ordered this for my Mom, $20.
1425640921852.jpg
I told her if he gets pissed, remind him of the absurd lengths she must go to to communicate with him because he refuses to wear a hearing aid. If this doesn't work, perhaps they can both learn to sign.

Edd

Pretty funny. My father once said "Getting old isn't for pussies". I think about that all the time.

JimG.

Staff member
Pretty funny. My father once said "Getting old isn't for pussies". I think about that all the time.

Your father is(was) a wise man.

Edit: Edd, I'm told your dad passed away last year. My condolences.

Last edited: