• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Judgy Wudgy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway Star

You know what really grinds my gears? People posting on the internet passing judgement on other people.

keep-calm-miss-judgy-pants.png

I may call people idiots, but at least I'm not judging them.

Domeskier

I might be an idiot, but I think HS is definitely a top 30 poster on this forum.

BenedictGomez

Could someone please direct me to the thread where someone recently "passed judgement" on Highway Star?

I obviously missed it, and I don't want to.

C-Rex

Pretty sure calling someone an idiot is passing judgement on them. But then, an idiot wouldn't know that.

Highway Star

Judging implys that you're pointing out WHY someone is wrong, bad, etc and thus you are judging them to be wrong/bad.

Calling someone an idiot just means you think they are an idiot, but you aren't explaining why they are an idiot. Not judging.

C-Rex

So, let me get this straight... you think it's better to blindly plant a label on someone than to judge them, which by definition is to form an opinion after thought and consideration. Wow. If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest guy on the planet.

bdfreetuna

Judging implys that you're pointing out WHY someone is wrong, bad, etc and thus you are judging them to be wrong/bad.

Calling someone an idiot just means you think they are an idiot, but you aren't explaining why they are an idiot. Not judging.

So judging is better because at least it's based in reason and can be explained on the basis of morality or objective rights/wrongs?

For the record I'm not against judging. Just expect to be judged the same way you judge others.

Savemeasammy

I will check with my children who are in kindergarten and second grade to see if they are familiar with the term "judgy wudgy". I'm guessing no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Rex

I love when dumb people try to educate others. Stay in school kids, lest you be doomed to form and unnatural love affair with a mountain and take creep pictures with your hands in your pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.