• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

Smellytele

Actually even staying open later in the day:

BONUS DAYS: Pico Mountain will operate on Friday, Apr. 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, Apr. 4 and 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

xwhaler

Anyone know when S6 closes for the season? Info on them is spotty (no conditions report on their website even)
Trying to use a Fox44 voucher Saturday 3/21

skiMEbike

Think Boyne will probably put the annual screws to SL & SR, but once into mid-April they really could do the Thur-Sun schema and push the lift season quite a ways....

Curious why you say that? Aside from SR typically closing too early, I can't really complain with the end of season schedule & ultimate closing date for the Loaf. Typically SL will go until the week through April vacation (April 25), and then weekends only until 1 or 2 weekends in May. Also, I expect with the new SL general manager coming on board effective April 1...I would not expect him to make too many deviations from the past schedules his first month on the job.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Also, weird they would open Thursday and Friday that week and then close for the season. Would think opening for the wknd would be the smart play

Must be the end of the pay period.... 😉

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Whaleback will go wknds only starting after this coming wknd.
They plan to stay open until Sunday 3/29

Pats Peak website shows 3/29 as their final day but that is a calendar they publish before the season even starts.
Not sure if they would consider going a wknd beyond that? They have a big snowmobile event listed for Saturday 4/4 so 3/29 is probably it for them.

xwhaler

Anyone know when S6 closes for the season? Info on them is spotty (no conditions report on their website even)
Trying to use a Fox44 voucher Saturday 3/21
Confirmed they are closing Sunday 3/22 so hoping to get there Saturday 3/21 with my wife and son.
Never been to S6 but its probably a nice low key spot for us that day where the skiing is already paid for.

Breakout12

Is it safe to assume that most will be open on the last weekend of March? There's been so much snow and snow making temps that I can't believe the conditions won't permit it, just the economics of staying open late.

dlague

I am confused! I have yet to even see a spring skiing day and we are talking about closures? Ya got to be kidding!

:slap:

gmcunni

I am confused! I have yet to even see a spring skiing day and we are talking about closures? Ya got to be kidding!

:slap:

when there isn't any snow they point to the dirt and say they have to close

when there is a ton of snow they point to the empty parking lot and say they have to close

xwhaler

I wish more mtns would scale back midweek operations late season in favor of going a few extra "wknd only"
Seems to me the economics of it would be much better than spinning lifts for largely passholders midweek in late March.

Jcb890

I wish more mtns would scale back midweek operations late season in favor of going a few extra "wknd only"
Seems to me the economics of it would be much better than spinning lifts for largely passholders midweek in late March.

Good point. I mostly go on weekends anyways, so I support this opinion.

catsup948

I agree with this. Even stop turning lifts Monday-Wednesday. Most mountains aren't busy enough on a Tuesday mid season to really open let alone late March into April.

steamboat1

Bear & Needles will probably close the 12th. Conditions permitting they'll open again the next weekend. The big question is how long K-1 will spin. Wouldn't be the 1st time I've seen it spin into May, Snowdon too for that matter.

4aprice

Bear & Needles will probably close the 12th. Conditions permitting they'll open again the next weekend. The big question is how long K-1 will spin. Wouldn't be the 1st time I've seen it spin into May, Snowdon too for that matter.

I'm hoping at least the 3rd weekend in April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

This list seems surprisingly accurate based on a cross reference against confirmed closing dates that I've seen the mtns announce.

Some curious ones though:
Cannon 4/12 (not 4/19 as I expected)
Sugarloaf 4/28 (have to think they just guessed on this date---Loaf should go to Mid May)
Killington 5/24 (another guess?)
Black NH (3/23---I will verify this as I may go there this coming wknd or next...not sure why they would close on a Monday?)

http://www.onthesnow.com/projected_closing_all.html

drjeff

Just purely based on historical closing scenarios here. Mount Snow will spin the lifts until Sunday 4/12 and then IF THE BUSINESS IS THERE that last weekend, and the forecast for the following weekend looks good (i.e. not a washout) they'll determine whether or not they'll open up for the following weekend

Newpylong

That is weird, the typical Okemo crowd has long since hung up the boards by then. Tossing money out the window.

gmcunni