• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Looking ahead, Mad River Glen expects its season will run through Wednesday, April 22, at least, but the number of days beyond that will be dependent on snow and skier traffic, marketing director Eric Friedman said.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Over at Sugarbush, Mt. Ellen will remain open through Sunday, April 5. Lincoln Peak will remain open daily through Sunday, April 26. After that it will close midweek and reopen for its final weekend on Saturday and Sunday, May 2 and 3, weather permitting.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
PICO

(as of Thursday, April 02, 2015)

Pico Mountain is closed Monday-Thursday this week, but you'll definitely want to join us for the final three Bonus Days of the season, Friday April 3 through Sunday April 5. It's been an incredible season here at Pico Mountain and we expect to reopen Friday with fantastic skiing and riding on all 57 trails.

As an added bonus for loyal Pico Fans, the Golden Express and Summit Express are scheduled to operate an extra hour, until 5:00 p.m, on Saturday April 4.

During the Bonus Weekend, discounted single-day lift tickets will be available all weekend at the Pico Ticketing Sales Center. With a donation of three non-perishable food items, one-day lift tickets will be just $25 for all ages (regularly $69).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
SADDLEBACK

Thanks to all you wonderful Saddlebackers! We've had a great year and today wraps up our full-time operation this season. That does NOT mean that we are done skiing though, weekends from here out. We are closed until Friday then open Friday April 3rd, Saturday April 4th, and Sunday April 5th. We will be open Saturdays and Sundays after that through the spring until the snow is gone!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
List from Ski Vermont, 2 weeks ago. Dates on some are sliding further out

Cochran’s Ski Area: March 23, 2014
Suicide Six Ski Area: March 23, 2014
Northeast Slopes: March 30, 2014
Middlebury College Snow Bowl: March 30, 2014
Quechee Ski Area: March 30, 2014
Pico Mountain: March 30, 2014
Bolton Valley: April 6, 2014
Bromley Mountain: April 6, 2014
Magic Mountain: April 6, 2014
Q Burke Mountain: April 6, 2014
Mount Snow: mid-April
Okemo Mountain Resort: April 13, 2014
Stratton Mountain Resort: April 13, 2014
Smugglers’ Notch Resort: April 13, 2014
Stowe Mountain Resort: April 20, 2014
Sugarbush Resort: May 4, 2014
Jay Peak Resort: May 11, 2014
Killington Resort: TBD
Mad River Glen: TBD

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
SUGARLOAF
Just heard back from SL. No official date has been set, but I was told that for the most part, they stay open until May 1st. This might be my last hurrah!

drjeff

Mount Snow is 100% daily operations through April 12th, then likely still daily operations through April 17th (if the weather looks good) - after the 17th the potential to be open for another weekend or two is there *IF* the business volume is there and the weather looks good (I won't add if the snow is still there, as with how much snow they have on the hill now and the impression that the weather is going to be at best "seasonable" if not still below average in general for a few more weeks at least, Mount Snow won't be saying "last chair" due to lack of snow this year)

xwhaler

Brettton woods, Last day is april 20, @$17.76. Get it?
includes a voucher good until dec 23rd 2015.
best deal so far...

I'll be there for this. Wildcat Sunday PM 4/19 $30 and Bretton Woods Patriots Day $17.76!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I just heard (and their web-site confirms it) that Crotched Mountain changed their plans for this weekend!

They will be open both days 9-5 pm with $29 lift tickets and Easter Sunday, Kids 18 and under "pay their age" for a lift ticket.

Let management know that you support spring skiing and enjoy the great snow on the mountain. Who knows? If enough people turn out, maybe something will happen on the weekend of April 11-12.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hope Crotched has a great turnout.

I'd be all over it, but I want to get to Loon on Sunday and ski South Peak before it closes for the season. I've never skied the terrain.

Smellytele

I just heard (and their web-site confirms it) that Crotched Mountain changed their plans for this weekend!

They will be open both days 9-5 pm with $29 lift tickets and Easter Sunday, Kids 18 and under "pay their age" for a lift ticket.

Let management know that you support spring skiing and enjoy the great snow on the mountain. Who knows? If enough people turn out, maybe something will happen on the weekend of April 11-12.

Hmm...
Maybe I could sneak over there on Sunday with my kids for day 40

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Hope Crotched has a great turnout.

I'd be all over it, but I want to get to Loon on Sunday and ski South Peak before it closes for the season. I've never skied the terrain.
Loon is a great choice. I'll be interested at what you think. The few times I skied South Peak, it felt to me like they produced a Green, a Blue and a Black; more intended to sell condos than to provide inspiring skiing. Regardless of whether you like South or not, you should still have a lot to enjoy there.

benski

The valley house trails are closing after this weekend so they can finish blasting the skiers right of valley house traverse before may 1st. They may reopen after blasting.

2knees

List from Ski Vermont, 2 weeks ago. Dates on some are sliding further out

Cochran’s Ski Area: March 23, 2014
Suicide Six Ski Area: March 23, 2014
Northeast Slopes: March 30, 2014
Middlebury College Snow Bowl: March 30, 2014
Quechee Ski Area: March 30, 2014
Pico Mountain: March 30, 2014
Bolton Valley: April 6, 2014
Bromley Mountain: April 6, 2014
Magic Mountain: April 6, 2014
Q Burke Mountain: April 6, 2014
Mount Snow: mid-April
Okemo Mountain Resort: April 13, 2014
Stratton Mountain Resort: April 13, 2014
Smugglers’ Notch Resort: April 13, 2014
Stowe Mountain Resort: April 20, 2014
Sugarbush Resort: May 4, 2014
Jay Peak Resort: May 11, 2014
Killington Resort: TBD
Mad River Glen: TBD

those are last year's dates.......

catsup948

Berkshire East may close Sunday not because of operating costs but because the base area is getting pretty cooked. 60 and full sun yesterday took last 6 inches off the open fields around here. Heavy rain tonight will not help them either.

Jcb890

If the triple is running, that is a great place for beginners.

Great, thanks for the additional info. I'm still debating on making the trek up to Stowe next weekend or if I'll stay closer and go to Stratton.