• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

catsup948

Anyone know how late Killington stays open midweek? I keep saying I'm going to skip work to ski and now my options are becoming limited.

dlague

I kind of enjoy the ride myself. Though driving home is a bit long and boring after a long day of riding.

Has anyone gone before? Is it normally packed for the final day?

I checked Weather Underground the other day and they were calling for rain Saturday, but clear Sunday. Just checked and it is showing clear Saturday and Sunday.
I also checked Snow-Forecast and that site is calling for rain both Saturday and Sunday.

Rain makes everything awful. If it is supposed to rain, I'll probably pass on the day also. I'm certainly tempted though because I am also very cheap and $19.54 is a nice price.:lol:

Well Cannon's weather report so far on accuweather looks good for this weekend possible spot shower on Saturday but that's nothing! We are probably looking at Mount Snow or Okemo for Saturday and it looks good there as well.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Anyone know how late Killington stays open midweek? I keep saying I'm going to skip work to ski and now my options are becoming limited.

Off the top of my mind it was May 3rd was when they were switching to weekends only this season.

I arrived late from a few days in Vermont; I have a draft version of what's left. I'll try to post it shortly.

drjeff

No, I am not sure. The site just says to buy online in advance for $19.54 and says that the $19.54 price is not valid at the window. I assume they will charge normal spring price at the window on Sunday from the lack of specifics.

The walk up rate last weekend was $70 - not sure what it will be this weekend - most of the same terrain and lifts and services will be available the way it looks though

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
First day back at my computer after 4 glorious Spring skiing days in the East. It doesn't get any better than that. Here is this week's rundown on who and where will lifts spin in the East.

Go get some turns!!!! I'm going back...

Melting…snow and list are melting : Eastern Closing Thread 2014-15 – Part 2

For those curious, I skied Gore, Bolton, Mad River Glen and Smugglers' Notch in the last 4 days. I need to get serious with the Foxcard before it is too late. Vouchers left that I can still use are Whiteface, Cannon and Jay.

Robbski

Well Cannon's weather report so far on accuweather looks good for this weekend possible spot shower on Saturday but that's nothing! We are probably looking at Mount Snow or Okemo for Saturday and it looks good there as well.

Hit Okemo today (4/15) Great skiing all over the mountain (except Jackson Gore which was closed). They claimed 76 trails open an I have no reason to disagree. Got on the mountain at 11 and skied hard until 2 in bluebird 60 degree weather. No lines and not many skiers or riders sharing the space.

My first time there and I didn't pay much attention to trail names etc. A few surprise grass patches and some thin spots with rocks lurking here and there. My overall impression was that it's a fun place to cruise but you'd have to make an effort to scare yourself.

dlague

Hit Okemo today (4/15) Great skiing all over the mountain (except Jackson Gore which was closed). They claimed 76 trails open an I have no reason to disagree. Got on the mountain at 11 and skied hard until 2 in bluebird 60 degree weather. No lines and not many skiers or riders sharing the space.

My first time there and I didn't pay much attention to trail names etc. A few surprise grass patches and some thin spots with rocks lurking here and there. My overall impression was that it's a fun place to cruise but you'd have to make an effort to scare yourself.

Definitely a place to cruise but the trails do not offer much character. On a mid winter day I think fast cruisers can be fun so I do not mind it.

spiderpig

Okemo is going to open the first weekend in May if they can. There is enough snow on some trails, but I doubt they find it worthwhile.

spiderpig

They already said this will be there last weekend, with next weekend being "conditions permitting".

They're almost certainly going to be open next weekend. And I talked to someone who works there that said they would consider being open in May. And you can still ski the trees in certain spots.

It is official, the plan is to be open for skiing and riding another four days, including today. After today we'll be open April 24, 25 and 26. Trails will be determined as we get closer to the weekend.

WWF-VT

Today was the last day for Mad River Glen. Meanwhile at Mt Ellen there is still top to bottom uninterrupted skiing for anyone willing to skin up....