• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuesday March 10th - Sunday March 15th

Jcb890

Haha I guess I need to work on my Scotty translations.

Understanding Scotty 101. Still unsure of what "this at storm" means though. :grin:

Oh and just for Puck it:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s

Tin

Looking a little better. SL and Sunday River should be in the 8-12" with Loaf maybe getting a bit more K to J should do 4-8". MRG will be good for me come Monday.

catsup948

Canadian puts a lot more snow in Maine than Vermont. Euro likes Maine more as well but still snows in Vermont. GFS is warmer but brings a nice backend wave of snow Sunday to Vermont. 4-8 is a good call for central and northern Vermont ski areas. More in Maine possibly. Maybe by 0z there can be a bit of a consensus. Will the GFS totally cave? Tough call.

Grizzly Adams

was originally a little worried about possible "wintry mix" at Stowe on Saturday, now its just lookin' more like minimal snow during the day with a little bit more overnight, temps. in the upper 20's, should be a decent day.

xwhaler

This looks promising for ME and pockets of Northern VT

11043188_848733465166034_8373296066774084289_n.png

j law

Any maps that show what VT and NY might get? I'm trying to decide whether to hit the slopes this weekend or next

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

VT rain Sat south of somewhere around MRV / Killington latitude. Elevation won't help much below that latitude. Sat night into Sunday anywhere from 3" of wet snow at Mt. Snow up to maybe 10" at places like Bolton and Stowe.

Jay might grab as much as Bolton area but probably slightly less.

I will be skiing Stratton with a rain poncho tomorrow :)

Artificial ice nucleation is the wild card here. Massive spraying/seeding operation over the Northeast today. This corresponds with the X class Earth-facing solar flaring. It seems our gov is very concerned about the threat of a solar EMP. The 1859 Carrington Event is something suspicious observers might want to read about.

If this was just cloud seeding we'd expect typical 10 - 25% range precip enhancement. This is not that, today; and therefore we have the wild card factor of massive amounts of artificial cloud condensation nuclei introduced into the troposphere just prior to a weather event.

Most likely this will have a cooling effect in the day time and then cap some heat in the evening, creating a minor inversion tomorrow. We'll see.

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Artificial ice nucleation is the wild card here. Massive spraying/seeding operation over the Northeast today. This corresponds with the X class Earth-facing solar flaring. It seems our gov is very concerned about the threat of a solar EMP. The 1859 Carrington Event is something suspicious observers might want to read about.

If this was just cloud seeding we'd expect typical 10 - 25% range precip enhancement. This is not that, today; and therefore we have the wild card factor of massive amounts of artificial cloud condensation nuclei introduced into the troposphere just prior to a weather event.

Is this that "chemtrails" conspiracy crap? Or am I misunderstanding something?

bdfreetuna

Is this that "chemtrails" conspiracy crap? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Cloud seeding is now a conspiracy?

Basic weather modification using aerosols (cloud condensation nuclei) is now a conspiracy?

To be honest I can't stand the "chemtrails" folks any more. They mean well, they see something unusual going on, but they generally refuse to connect the dots.

On the other hand, there are still plenty of people who see obvious grid pattern spraying which can turn the sky totally white within an hour or two and think there's nothing going on. These people are wilfully ignorant of open, admitted, and well described operations by both private weather modification companies and supported by the National Academy of Sciences, The Royal Society, and the CIA besides numerous others.

It's actually not a conspiracy, it's a matter of people who see the word "chemtrails" and "conspiracy" next to each other, and for some people that's all they need to hear to remain wilfully ignorant.

Anyone can feel free to explain to me why they think weather modification with aerosols is "crap" but it so happens I know someone who worked on these ops in the 80s and that's partly why I became interested in climate intervention.

It's funny in 2015 whenever you mention something which shakes up people's view of reality... no matter how easily proven... "conspiracy theorist".

The ramifications of a Carrington Event in a modern electronic environment with a shaky power grid should be obvious. Remember what happened to Quebec and Maine a couple decades ago due to a solar flare?

bdfreetuna

Source? Honestly curious.

Start here..

http://climateviewer.com/2013/10/06/climate-engineering-programs/

And you can also check out http://www.weathermodification.com

This stuff is mostly out in the open. The problem is most people think if it's not on CNN / MSNBC / FOX than it's some kind of conspiracy. Not really, just business as usual and the less people think about it, the longer they can keep f'in up the weather without any real regulations.

Oops I forgot it is on MSNBC

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbcnews-com/flashback-weather-modification-333979203996

Last edited: