• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuesday March 10th - Sunday March 15th

deadheadskier

Staff member
Must not be very good science with the west having a drought that is screwing not just that area, but the world over with how agriculture is being affected.

There's no need for cloud seeding in New England 99% of the time, so why would they bother?

bdfreetuna

A lot of states and water resource management divisions out west and especially in the mid-west pay for seeding operations.

But when other states seed, which has been going on for most of a century, the states "upwind" need to seed as well. It's a diminishing returns kind of deal.

I don't know everything about this but I do know more than almost anyone I've run in to. There is a national weather mod / seeding policy that went through Congress in 2005/2006. It stalled out in session. Doesn't matter.. that's what we have.

Next time you see a white unmarked plane leaving a large, extremely persistent trail... use http://flightradar24.com or the mobile app FlightRadar24. You can see what elevation planes are, what their call sign in, what kind of plane it is. That's with commercial flights. 99 times out of 100 you track a plane leaving a persistent, spreading trail and it's got no call sign and no identification. A large portion of the time it won't even show up on the flight trackers. And if it does, often times it will identify as a single engine prop plane like a Cessna... even thought you can see it's a 737. In other words, that plane is NOT under FAA regulations.

Even most military planes will identify model and origin. These planes don't. I've also tracked them flying around in loops over areas which is normal for seeding planes to do. These planes aren't under FAA regulations. To give away their flight data would be to give up trade secrets, among other things.

This is something anyone can prove to themselves if they put in the small effort to go about it.

I mentioned earlier the solar flaring. There's really no point in trying to explain that if people are still hung up on things like cloud seeding. The whole world is seeding and most of the developed world is injecting CCN into the troposphere at this point. Space weather is one of my hobbies though, and since I've been tracking this connection I've been able to predict grid pattern spraying days at about 90% accuracy. When I bother to even pay attention.

VTKilarney

I was about to post a very long post with actual science and actual facts. But then I realized that it would be a complete waste of time because your mind is clearly locked into your beliefs.

I will make one point, however, because it is something I have direct experience with. Your statement that when you track a plane with Flightradar24, "99 times out of 100 you track a plane leaving a persistent, spreading trail and it's got no call sign and no identification" is complete and utter bullshit. I am somewhat of an aviation nerd, and I use the Flightradar24 app all of the time when I am outside and see a plane overhead. In Vermont, most of those planes are coming from Europe, so I find it interesting to see where they are coming from and where they are going to. So let's just say I've done PLENTY of flight tracking while visually observing an airplane. Your statement regarding tracking is so laughably false, that I can't take anything else you say remotely seriously. You know you have a problem when you have to make up facts to support your extraordinary claim.

And am I wrong or are you suggesting that New England is "upwind" of California? If you are... well...

VTKilarney

Here is a website that does a good job of explaining why his hat is made of foil: http://contrailscience.com

But I suppose that, rather than actually refuting the facts, he'll just say that the website is run by the New World Order or something like that - all while Alex Jones is streaming in the background.

bdfreetuna

Here is a website that does a good job of explaining why his hat is made of foil: http://contrailscience.com

But I suppose that, rather than actually refuting the facts, he'll just say that the website is run by the New World Order or something like that - all while Alex Jones is streaming in the background.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I've brought up the topics of cloud seeding and weather modification, and provided links to numerous articles and a company, one among many, who openly advertise these wares.

So whatever you're talking about that has to do with NWO / Alex Jones / ContrailScience, maybe you want to start a new thread about that.

VTKilarney

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I've brought up the topics of cloud seeding and weather modification, and provided links to numerous articles and a company, one among many, who openly advertise these wares.

So whatever you're talking about that has to do with NWO / Alex Jones / ContrailScience, maybe you want to start a new thread about that.

You said that the contrails we see in the sky are weather modification when in reality it's just a flight from Heathrow to JFK. Stop pretending that your nutty conspiracy theory is superior. Just because a company can do it does not mean that when you look up in the sky you are seeing a massive government conspiracy.

And did you really say that the northeast is "upwind" of California?

And... Your statement about Flightradar24 is still complete bullshit.

But other than those things you were spot on.

abc

First hand report shows a crusty mess at Stowe.
Would appreciate update on Stowe through the week if anyone are there.

Have plan to go up next weekend. Hoping they either groom out the crust or receive enough snow dust to cover it up.

dmw

Would appreciate update on Stowe through the week if anyone are there.

Have plan to go up next weekend. Hoping they either groom out the crust or receive enough snow dust to cover it up.

It was pretty good today, not great but better than it could have been. Crusty mess may have been starting to fall at the end of the day; as long as it turns to snow tonight (and whatever happens this week) I think it should be good.

BenedictGomez

On the other side of Stowe conditions yesterday and today were firm and fast packed powder. Entire place is like an FIS course, so if you like optimal tuna conditions, this is it. Only thing that stinks is, the glades are all closed.

Currently snowing at the base, only about 1/4 inch down so far.

abc

You guys skiing tomorrow, mind posting a few notes at the end of the day to let me know what it skis like on the ground?

Much appreciated.

VTKilarney

One final comment. It's clear to me that you have no intention of obtaining actual facts. The website I linked to deals primarily with the physical characteristics of contrails and the chemistry and physics behind them, not with what may be in contrails. I provided the link after you advised people of what type of contrail to be on the lookout for. So for failure to actually inquire into your crack pot theory, and ignoring "sciency" facts, you are epic fail.

bdfreetuna

You said that the contrails we see in the sky are weather modification when in reality it's just a flight from Heathrow to JFK. Stop pretending that your nutty conspiracy theory is superior. Just because a company can do it does not mean that when you look up in the sky you are seeing a massive government conspiracy.

And did you really say that the northeast is "upwind" of California?

And... Your statement about Flightradar24 is still complete bullshit.

But other than those things you were spot on.

Your entire argument against me is based on putting words in my mouth and repeatedly trying to make this about some kind of conspiracy. I made no comments about contrails; I made no comment about California; I made no comment about tracking passenger airliners. Frankly I gave you some fair points you could have debated without attempting to have an argument about some fringe topics with yourself. Seems like a weird reaction to me.

But hey if cloud seeding and weather modification are what you call a conspiracy theory, maybe I should have said right off the bat: These comments are intended primarily for those persons not happily living under a rock.

As for FlightRadar24 I don't really care if you think it's BS. It takes very little time for anyone to test my statement regarding WxMod planes and call signs.

Again I'm happy to provide links which include massive amounts of history and documents such as this one:

Timeline: History of Weather Modification

WxMod, cloud seeding and climate intervention (as well as climate science in general) are of particular importance to skiers. Every sort of aerosol has been tested since at least the 80s and I know that beyond the shadow of a doubt thanks to a friend of the family. Government-paid research met, now retired.

In other words.. sorry chip.