• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow March 7 & 8, 2015

arik

Date(s) Skied: March 7 & 8, 2015

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Snow

Conditions: great, sunny and softer than I expected Saturday, Sunday had new snow

Trip Report: Saturday was fun, sunny and warm enough that the bumps were soft, I was able to avoid the crowds by staying on the North Face, Sunbrook, Ego Alley, and Sundance lifts. Really good tree and mogul skiing. Summit lodge was too full even at 2 to stop to eat and have a beer so ended up skiing straight through.

Sunday was even better with new snow and much fewer people on the Mountain. The new snow on bumps that were already somewhat soft was AWESOME.

Great bumps and trees both days.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 95

reefer

Went Tuesday. You are correct. Mt Snow is skiing real good. Snow softened up nice. First "spring" skiing day of the year.

FreeFall

Jaws

Ledge

Plummet, set up for race training. This stuff carved like something I've never seen before, pretty sweet work on the snowmaking and grooming teams.

Fantastics

A few more

Last edited:

Newpylong

Your first picture is FreeFall, not Chute and I have never seen sweet bumps like that on it! Thanks for the pictures.

reefer

your pictures are great!

Some days you get lucky and they come out pretty good. Was a nice day so I stopped more often to click a few. Plus those bumps on Jaws and FreeFall brought me to heart-attack level.....................needed plenty of rest stops.

Last edited:

reefer

Your first picture is FreeFall, not Chute and I have never seen sweet bumps like that on it! Thanks for the pictures.

Damn, losing it. Good call. I always screw those two liftline runs up. Corrected. Chute was actually groomed flat and so was Olympic for the most part.

I haven't either, and they were top to bottom..........................

Last edited: