Bike Log 2015

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2015

Bike Log 2015

I finally got out on the road bike today. Usually I get at least a day or two in January or February but not this year.

Took the cross bike with fenders and a good thing too, there were so many mini ponds and even moving water in some places due to all the snow melt and last night’s rain.

My winter spinning bike workouts have really helped keep me in shape his winter. My wife talked me into doing her 3-4 times per week 55minute killer workouts to DVD at 80-85% of max heart rate average. It worked too- This was the easiest initial ride I’ve had in years; exactly 1mph faster thanlast year’s first ride.
    My normal 24 mile semi-hilly lunch time route 16.3mphaverage. Not bad for me for my initial ride on a 28 lb bike.
    The fresh air felt great, so much better than any indoor workout.

Nice! I was actually contemplating taking my MTB out for a road ride the other day.
    Brian

Nicely done! We are still a ways off from riding here. Too much crap all over he road. Hopefully under a month. I'm starting to get the itch

I have about an hour on the trainer. Thing gets boring quick even when I have it in front of the tv!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Took my MTB out on the road for a quick ride the other day. Well.. it wasn't going to be a quick ride, but a spoke broke before I even left the driveway, so I had to fix it before heading out. I had a family party to get to, so I only ended up with 3.3 miles. It seemed like most of it was uphill though! Despite being very out of shape it felt great to get out on the bike!

I hear that some of the local trails are finally ready to ride. I'm going to go check them out after work today. Stoked to get back out on dirt!
    Brian

Got some woods miles in finally, last night and tonight. 6.7 yesterday and 10.4 today. Considering the shape I'm in, back-to-back rides might not have been the best idea.
    Brian

Got 102.57 miles in on the road last week while I was in Florida visiting my parents. The LBS had a decent Trek Madone that I rented that rode quite nicely. Gotta love how flat the SW Gulf Coast of Florida is! My "biggest" climbing ride was a 30 miler where I climbed a grand total of 142 feet! And the vast majority of that climbing came in about a 1/2 mile segment where I had to "climb" up a bridge that has a clearance of 40 feet at mean low water on my out and back loop that day
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Bike in shop being tunrdd should be ready in few dayz.

Had to laugh when I saw Dr Jeff's post. We were in Florida (panhandle near Destin) a month ago visiting my brother and it was the flattest riding I've ever done. Yes the only hill in the area is a highway overpass. If I lived there I think I'd only ride a fixie.

Had a great weekend of cycling with my wife today and yesterday
    Did 2 of our hilly training rides 55 miles on Saturday with grades up to 13% and 43 miles today with up to 16 percent. Total of just over 9000 feet vertical for both days.

The spinning bike workouts did wonders for keeping us in shape this year. I've never felt this good this early in the season.

Averaging about 120 miles/week the last few weeks. Should be up to 150-200 soon.

Met up with a buddy today to do a little riding on some dirt. He just got a Spesh Epic from a friend (his first dual squish) and wanted to take it out.

Man, chilly out there. We rode Kenoza Park in Haverhill, Ma. Cute place. It had a bunch of unadvertised single track as well as some casual stuff around the pond. We linked together 8.5 miles. He was pretty toast so we called it a day. It felt so good to be on dirt again!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1429839463.945724.jpg
    There was a castle at the top of one of the climbs
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1429839483.212899.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1429839497.096995.jpg

Thread Information