• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2015

mlctvt

Awesome area and trails, nice foliage too.
This is the kind of terrain I'll be looking for when restarting my mountain biking this fall.

I haven't ridden my mountain bike much in the last 10-15 years but I will be getting back on it in the next few weeks! I just installed some new pedals and went over it adjusting everything . It still looks good and rides great for a 20 year old hard tail, yeh I know it's obsolete but if I get serious again I'll get a new bike. I ride about 4300-4500 road miles a year but I want to get back on the mountain bike as a way to continue riding in colder months without freezing my ass off out on the roads once it gets cold. I did this back in the late 90s and early 2000s before we bought our place in VT and I wasn't skiing every weekend. I'd go out most weekends before the snow covered the ground, I could ride comfortably down to temps in the high 20s as long as I kept moving.

Who knows maybe I'll get one of those Fat bikes so I can ride in the snow. I'll be going to a local bike shop fat bike fest in a couple of weeks for some test rides although a dual suspension 27.5 would probably be what I'd get. We'll see how it goes first maybe my old bike will be fine for what I'm doing, but I know if I get on some of those new bikes it'll be N+1.

snoseek

Nice loaf pics, I'm sold on the place.

Work has been busy and my ride time has been shit. Monday starts my shoulder season. Vermont to brown county Indiana to switchgrass to grand j, moab and finally back to norcal. This is my favorite time of year and I'll get in a month of solid riding!

Puck it

Mtb'ing on ACK

17 miles today on Nantucket trails

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 85

dmw

I'm pretty psyched on 13 miles for a first ride on my new bike yesterday:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1444324107.375486.jpg

dmw

5010 v1, it's my first full suspension bike. Pretty psyched.

BackLoafRiver

Rode 8 miles of the Stowe town loops today at Cady Hill. Really fun mix of everything. Wish I could have played around more but I will absolutely be back. If I could find cheap lodging, I'd make a multi-day trip out of it and check out the Perry Hill network and Adams camp stuff. I felt fat....the climb to the green chair had my heart racing

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1444610278.554373.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1444610324.210132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

buellski

Rode 8 miles of the Stowe town loops today at Cady Hill. Really fun mix of everything.

Nice. My son and I rode there for the first time this summer and really enjoyed it.

attachment.php

Stowe Motel and Snowdrift has some pretty reasonable rates in the summer. It's a little dated but very clean, close to the rec path, and within walking distance of Piecasso. Trapp has some fun trails as well if you don't mind paying for a day pass. We stayed at the Stowe Motel and had my wife shuttle us up to Trapp. We rode Trapp in the morning, had lunch at the lodge, and then rode Pipeline back down into town.

Attachments

• JakeAtCadyHill.jpg
    JakeAtCadyHill.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 67

BackLoafRiver

The next time I go up, it'll be to hit Cady, Trapp, Adams camp, and then perry hill. I'd love to do it this fall but time isn't looking good.

The climb out of the lot was a beast. I felt like my heart was going to explode.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

snoseek

I fully enjoyed riding those Cady hll trails. I also rode some trails way out in I think sterling state forest and while they were totally different I liked them also because they had a back country rugged sorta feel.