• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 3-15-15

Madroch

So, seeing as at least savemeasammy is anxiously awaiting sundown trs-
Sunday3-15-15- partly cloudy, some groupel followed by intermittent sun, temps in the upper 30s- maybe hit 40.

14 of 15 runs on the stairway. Started softish firm as it never went below freezing, and got softer from there. Toward late afternoon the bottom lower angle were just about mashed potatoey--

Bumps were getting bigger as the day progressed- some wall bumps, a couple of awkward spots- a flat middle- but some really fun non-zipper lines. Really enjoyable.

Coming off 3 days of vt skiing at Stowe and smuggs I figured my legs and lungs would be iron- not so, the stairway t2b is a burner...

The only thing lacking on the stairway is an icefall or some mandatory air- maybe some trail work this summer... :)

All in all quite outstanding-

Savemeasammy

So, seeing as at least savemeasammy is anxiously awaiting sundown trs-

The only thing lacking on the stairway is an icefall or some mandatory air- maybe some trail work this summer... :)

:D

After skiing some bullet proof bumps at MRG today, I'm looking forward to some nice spring bumps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

I'm also curious to hear how the comp goes on a non-seeded course. It could be interesting. Do you have any pics?

Savemeasammy

you should go down for the comp.

I've seen some of the videos, and it looks like fun. However we need to burn some vouchers, and my wife wants her ski season to end (argh! She actually said that!). Our weekends are pretty much spoken for...

Is the course the entire length of the trail? Do you get a lunch break half way down? I think I would need it...!

Madroch

No pics... Too busy hyperventilating.... Come on down... It is always a fun event...

skimagic

attachment.php
the Staircase today! Mid section chewed me up a bit, but it was a blast

Attachments

• IMG_20150316_162021.jpg
    IMG_20150316_162021.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 208

Savemeasammy

Agree. Looks pretty good. Is that pic pretty much from the top?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

powhunter

Bumps got nice around 2 yesterday. Did a bunch of runs with bvibert, Grassi, Jarrodski, and Chris from mogul skiing.net

Gonna be cool seeing the ringers coming out and straight lining the top part saturday

2knees

Is this really gonna be the whole length, top to bottom? that is bananas.... I saw a pic someone posted either here or on facebook and the jumps don't look like the widowmakers of years past. at least that is a plus.

bvibert

Staff member
Is this really gonna be the whole length, top to bottom? that is bananas.... I saw a pic someone posted either here or on facebook and the jumps don't look like the widowmakers of years past. at least that is a plus.

As Steve said, the start will be from around where the horn crosses the trail. Should be similar in length to the gunny course. There's no upper kickers, just lower (in about the same location they were on Gunny). The jumps definitely aren't the widowmakers they've been in the past!

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
a couple inches of snow tonight and mid 40's tomorrow will line us up for a great day. i'm gonna try and sneak out for a few laps tomorrow before we get started.