• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay daytrip from Boston March 19th thursday

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The forecast for jay peak, vermont at 3,858 ft: Last updated at 724 pm edt tue mar 17 2015

.tonight...partly cloudy. A chance of snow showers until midnight. Low around 4 below. Northwest winds 30 to 45 mph...increasing to 40 to 45 mph after midnight. Wind chill values as low as 26 below. .wednesday...partly sunny in the morning...then becoming cloudy. A chance of snow showers. High around 6 above. Northwest winds 35 to 40 mph. Wind chill values as low as 33 below.

.wednesday night...summits obscured in clouds until midnight...then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers until midnight. Low around 2 below. Northwest winds 35 to 40 mph. Wind chill values as low as 27 below.

.thursday...partly sunny in the morning...then becoming obscured in clouds. High around 9 above. Northwest winds 30 to 40 mph...decreasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Wind chill values as low as 29 below.

Root16

Well, at least we'll have the mountain to ourselves. Hope my GoPro will function at these temps. This will be the coldest real feel I've skied in. (Minus teens is the coldest I've skied in).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ye of little faith! You nary ski with Billski before. He calms the seas and parts the water. Who cares what the wind is doing if you ski in the woods? All the loose stuff will be blown into the woods anyways. Just don't stand around on top and you're fine. Avoid those chairs with windholds. 29 is a peak wind chill. I'm still good to go knowing I'll be zooming along on creaky snow. Temps in the single digits. they missed all the warm ups this week.