• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Terrain in the Pocono's

BenedictGomez

SO what's the reason again there is no tree skiing there?

Speculating, but I feel there's a high degree of likelihood I'm correct, regardless of what their "official" answer is.

Super-Lawyer.jpg
+
lowerautoinsurancerates.jpg

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Speculating, but I feel there's a high degree of likelihood I'm correct, regardless of what their "official" answer is.

Super-Lawyer.jpg
+
lowerautoinsurancerates.jpg

Most likely correct , Old mindsets sometime are unwilling to change, My local Mole hill "Bear Creek" has some of the largest jumps and sizeable terrain park I've seen anywhere. It is a seachange away from the previous owners "Doe Mountain" era. Moguls and anything that looked like a jump had a lifespan of hours. When the sale occured everything changed.

At Elk ,I suspect their terrain park has more injuries than any tree skiers would experience and it's a small park.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
On their website It says they spent a lot of money on the trees in 80 s because before then they move d all trees and slopes wear out by winds that why evergreen trees in pa. I seen people in the trees their.

I skied there along time ago when the main lift trees were only 5' tall . it has made a huge difference in keeping a lot of snow longer , also shade helps.....Now if they would only stay open longer, even if it's weekends only.

〽❄❅

While suiting up by the car parked in the "tailgaters" lot earlier this month a local had told me ELK does not allow tree skiing because someone had died doing so. I don't know how true that is but it's consistent with what springmthigh heard.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
〽❄❅;898512 said:
While suiting up by the car parked in the "tailgaters" lot earlier this month a local had told me ELK does not allow tree skiing because someone had died doing so. I don't know how true that is but it's consistent with what springmthigh heard.

Maybe that explains the fir trees lining the sides of entire trails and slopes, Altough there getting pretty tall in some places and the bottoms are losing branches exposing large trunks.