• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak, Thursday March 19, 2015

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
root16 is going to post the real report. Here are my photos and videos. This should validate the midwinter pow conditions...

Not to posse' : next time root16 is going to need a transponder to extricate him from his "adventures"
Then again, he might NOT want to be found!

:daffy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WP_20150319_002.jpg
    WP_20150319_002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 310
  • WP_20150319_003.jpg
    WP_20150319_003.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 304
  • WP_20150319_010.jpg
    WP_20150319_010.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 304

mishka

Never expected conditions to be that great

find untracked snow so many days after last decent storm.... Priceless.

Never saw wind blowing Styrofoam like snow in the woods before similar to what I saw in Colorado on open Alpine terrain

Root16

Haha! Great thread Billski! Yeah, sorry I left you guys hanging a few times. But Bill is exactly right; kid in a candy store! I have never skied in such widesppread spectacular conditions before; nor at a mountain with so many glades. I mean, there were glades everywhere! I don't think I've ever had so much fun skiing before. Bill and Mishka were such great guys to ski with, too. Unfortunately I had my GoPro pointed too far down at my ski tips :-/. Nevertheless, I've edited together my run where I got lost. It was my first time on powder skis, which happened to be Mishka's custom made MR100s:

Last edited:

moresnow

Haha! Great thread Billski! Yeah, sorry I left you guys hanging a few times. But Bill is exactly right; kid in a candy store! I have never skied in such widesppread spectacular conditions before; nor at a mountain with so many glades. I mean, there were glades everywhere! I don't think I've ever had so much fun skiing before. Bill and Mishka were such great guys to ski with, too. Unfortunately I had my GoPro pointed too far down at my ski tips :-/. Nevertheless, I've edited together my run where I got lost. It was my first time on powder skis, which happened to be Mishka's custom made MR100s:

I can't believe you posted a video of how to get into that secret stash.

Next time save yourself some time and head down to the road.

Root16

It didn't seem very secret. It was very easy to get to. I just wish I hadn't tried to get back to the lift and had made more of a run of the last third. :p

moresnow

It didn't seem very secret. It was very easy to get to. I just wish I hadn't tried to get back to the lift and had made more of a run of the last third. :p

It's the wrost kept secret ever. I probably should have included one of these ;)

Domeskier

Did anyone pick you up? How far back to the lift?