• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pulled the trigger last nite

Warp Daddy

After a couple of days last week at Gore i decided i wanted to add something a bit wider to more easily handle the chop and crud and soft stuff to complement my Atomic SX 10' Supercross 's which at 65 mm. Are awesome on hardpack , groomed and iced up crap .

Doing research and speaking with reps at several locations , and after seeing my son ski on his new Crimson TI.s at both Whiteface and Gore last week , I have been watching STP for a last minute internet deal .

Well last nite it happened they had an EXTRA 40 percent on top of the regular 25 percent deal and FREE shipping ... So i pulled the trigger on new Atomic Blackeye Ti,s with the integrated binding system with ARC technology . i am hoping this ski will extend my skiing later into the season .

Warp Daddy

Thanks Marc , i need this tool so i can TRY and keep up up with my grandson and son.

I like to go fast for an ole fart and with my regular posse i can book ....... but when i ski with these two, that kid At 20 yrs old is hard to stay with now :smash:

I feel awesome when my ski trace app says i'm in the 50's but these two are high in the 60's and still have more dammit .:-D

At least they are kind enough to slow down "once in awhile " for gramps .

All the best to you and the family !!!!

Hawkshot99

Congrats on the new skis. They are fun.

I wouldnhave loved it if growing up I could have spent time doing fun stuff with a grandpa. Having them pass down the knowledge/passion to me.

Warp Daddy

Thanks Hawk for the kind words ,,, having those grandboys around when we are skiing together IS a dream come true for this old guy !!

, wanna be my 3 rd grandson ?? Haha ill see ya at Jiminy if i get there ..... BTW i see ya got Redster GS.s .....me and my son are LUSTING after those too !! He plans on pulling the trigger on those in the off season

Sky

Warp....I have the Crimson's from a few years back. I love them. 86 underfoot.

Grandsons....I jump into that ring this summer. 1st one is due in Aug, 2nd in September.

It will be a while before they are beating me. :>

Congrats on the new skis. I always wanted a pair of those Supercross.

Warp Daddy

Hey BIg man !!!! Good to hear from ya ! A Doubleheader Grandboy Express, man that is awesome . Grankids are the reward you get for enduring :thumbup:.. Hope all is going well for you and that things are turning your way .

the SX 10 Supercross are real ripsticks , love em so much i bought 2 prs . They GRIP 'n RIP , never really found the upper limit for me on them. probably would be good for beer league nite ��

I sure hope new Blackeye TI ,s do the trick for me too , heard lots of good stufff bout them and like i said my son love the Crimson Ti like you do and several others i ve heard from .

Good to heard from ya big guy ,,,,who u picking in FF this weekend ?? Calipari's boys look tough BUT im hoping for an upset

Warp Daddy

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 162

Sky

Great Pic! Nice looking group!

Things are good...well, better than good. I checked in with the consulting Dr @ D Farber recently. He said if he knew I'd be in this good shape now when he met me in Dec 12...he'd have been ecstatic. I'm cleared to live. :>

Still rebuilding strength and endurance. It's not coming easy. Working through lunch is not helping. :> I'm hitting the wt rm @ work when I'm not working through lunch. Mostly range of motion stuff. I keeping hearing the same tune from the Drs, "You're not trying out for the olympics". :>

I'm committed to biking every weekend...even if it's just the 5 - 7 mile around-the-block tour...once the weather turns.

I'll be ready for the next ski season...don't you worry. :>

Report back on how yo like those new boards!! Inquiring minds! I had planned to buy new skis this season, but it just didn't work out. I'm happy where I am gear-wise. Just a matter of more money than sense. :> Maybe next year...if I still have the same money/sense ratio.

Once the outdoor court @ work is clear, I'll mix in some hoops.

frapcap

Congrats. Those are fantastic skis. You might end up running them most of the season!