• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing after a rain event

VTKilarney

I'm debating skiing tomorrow afternoon - as long as the rain has stopped by then. Can anyone let me know what to expect as far as conditions are concerned?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Really depends on the temps. Down low will probably be mushy. Up above could be scratchy or icy. Depends where the rain/snow line was. What I've heard is that it's been wet snow coming down. I usually start skiing a little later in the day so things soften up a bit. Also, whatever you do, wax your skis with something, anything or the wet with just suck you to a stop.

If the temps stay below freezing all day, then it will be less than a spring skiing day, a bit scratchy. I expect that will be the case in the woods until the temps can stay above freezing for a while.

VTKilarney

I went ahead and skied today. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. The middle of the mountain was crud, but the top and lower part were pretty good.

rocks860

There does seem to be a trend of steamboat being a tool in every single thread just to be a tool