• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

POWDR's Latest Acquisition: Human Movement Management

steamboat1

Sorry Killingtonians...no new snowmaking, groomers, or lifts this year. POWDR has bought an "action entertainment production company" named Human Movement Management :blink:

http://www.saminfo.com/news/powdr-buys-action-entertainment-production-company
What does this have to do with Killington? K already has the best snowmaking & grooming. All we need is a South Ridge lift. No biggy. Or do you just like to rub salt. Stick to the Burke thread or I'll have Cumming revoke your Snowbird pass.

thetrailboss

Staff member
What does this have to do with Killington? K already has the best snowmaking & grooming. All we need is a South Ridge lift. No biggy. Or do you just like to rub salt. Stick to the Burke thread or I'll have Cumming revoke your Snowbird pass.

I just know that Killington folks get pissed whenever their owner invests money into other businesses. And I was being tongue in cheek like you are here.

steamboat1

Apparently Killington fanboys can give but not take.
Who's not taking? I already know that K will not be putting in a new South Ridge chair this year. They seem to be focusing improvements on summer activities. They've already submitted Act 250's for a mountain coaster & two new zip lines all located at Snowshed. They are also expanding their mountain bike offerings & have hired the firm that designed Whistlers mountain bike terrain. One of the U-Bars will also be moved down to Snowshed this season. As for winter their only plans that I know of is improving their snowmaking with new pipe & pumping capacity plus lift maintenance above & beyond normal yearly maintenance. KSC is also reinstalling a mid-station on the Snowdon triple which it had years ago. K has been way behind other areas with their summer offerings & I can understand them wanting to up their game for this market. Yes it would be nice to have new lifts but K already offers the most skiing of any area in New England. I can wait for further winter improvements.

VTKilarney

Who's not taking? I already know that K will not be putting in a new South Ridge chair this year. They seem to be focusing improvements on summer activities. They've already submitted Act 250's for a mountain coaster & two new zip lines all located at Snowshed. They are also expanding their mountain bike offerings & have hired the firm that designed Whistlers mountain bike terrain. One of the U-Bars will also be moved down to Snowshed this season. As for winter their only plans that I know of is improving their snowmaking with new pipe & pumping capacity plus lift maintenance above & beyond normal yearly maintenance. KSC is also reinstalling a mid-station on the Snowdon triple which it had years ago. K has been way behind other areas with their summer offerings & I can understand them wanting to up their game for this market. Yes it would be nice to have new lifts but K already offers the most skiing of any area in New England. I can wait for further winter improvements.

How non responsive.