• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What happened to MadPat?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Thanks for the concern. Its been a difficult year where my time online (on my blog or various forums) even a lurker as disappeared.

The Ski Mad World blog has been hibernating since the post on the first ski areas opening for the season back in early November; that doesn’t mean I stopped skiing. My skiing life is active, it is just that my personal life has been going through some challenges. My online presence on this blog or elsewhere has virtually non-existent over the last season. The only real positive element of my past season is that managed to get out skiing; not much travelling, but many local days in awesome snow conditions. It wasn’t the big mountains or the deep powder, but it was close to home.

Unfortunately my Foxcard is well underused....and I hate letting paid days or freebies get away. I only managed to bag Owl's Head and Titus...didn't try for Suicide Six. Last minute bail for the last day at Middlebury and missed the chance at Burke last Sunday. I was also hoping for a combo Waterville-Cannon on April 1-2 like last season. The whole family was sick for this Easter weekend, so instead of going to MRG-Burke and maybe Bolton, we stayed home. Oldest went back to school today after missing a few days. Wife and youngest are still at sick home today. :(

Where and when? I need to gather the energy...trying to hit MRG and Bolton before it's too late. Then I'll focus on WF, Gore, Cannon, Smuggs. Leaving Jay for the last...hopefully I can make it to most of them. Oh yeah, I also have a voucher for Sugarbush. I guess it's a good problem to have.