• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Still full-on Winter at Saddleback - March 28, 2015

salsgang

It is still full-on winter at Saddleback. Pretty impressive. Temps were comfy - in the upper 20's / lower 30's with the sun poking out from behind the clouds occasionally, but spring really hasn't started at Saddleback yet. No matter your ability today it was great skiing. The cover is deep and the spring skiing should really be outstanding.

Saddleback is open April 3,4,5 and April 11,12 from 9:30 to 5:00. They will be open longer into April if the people and snow hold up. The snow won't be a problem, so everyone get to Saddleback for some awesome April skiing! More words, pics and video on the blog:

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2015/03/impressive-march-skiing-at-saddleback-maine.html

IMG_1736.JPG

Whitey

Sal -

Concur completely. I'm at Sugarloaf Sat-Mon this weekend. It's hard/firm but skiable. But what I keep thinking as I see how deep and set up the snow pack is - is "wow this is going to be an epic spring up here".

I'll do a Sugarloaf TR after I get back. Got some good pics and some Bracket Basin videos already and I'm only 1 day into my 3 day trip.

salsgang

Sal -

Concur completely. I'm at Sugarloaf Sat-Mon this weekend. It's hard/firm but skiable. But what I keep thinking as I see how deep and set up the snow pack is - is "wow this is going to be an epic spring up here".

I'll do a Sugarloaf TR after I get back. Got some good pics and some Bracket Basin videos already and I'm only 1 day into my 3 day trip.

Sweet - have fun! Look forward to the trip report from your trip.

bigbog

Nice pics and TR salsgang....
Talk about a winter of sheer mental torture in wanting to ski every day! Yeah, the cold-enough nightime and morning temps are still with the western Maine mountains.

salsgang

Nice pics and TR salsgang....
Talk about a winter of sheer mental torture in wanting to ski every day! Yeah, the cold-enough nightime and morning temps are still with the western Maine mountains.

thanks - great weekend for sure! We stayed home and had a nice day - but I thought about skiing a lot!

bdfreetuna

Skiing the Loaf April 2nd and 3rd, ... Saddleback April 4 and 5th.

Looking like warm temps for my trip should be spring skiing with total coverage!

bdfreetuna

Will be first time at both areas. I've been looking forward to this one since booking it in November. A little bit of a gamble booking April but there were good discounts, I figured if I got lucky it would be first rate spring skiing. Looks like it couldn't be much better up there right now. Thanks for keeping me stoked through the winter with these great Saddleback reports and videos!

salsgang

Will be first time at both areas. I've been looking forward to this one since booking it in November. A little bit of a gamble booking April but there were good discounts, I figured if I got lucky it would be first rate spring skiing. Looks like it couldn't be much better up there right now. Thanks for keeping me stoked through the winter with these great Saddleback reports and videos!

You are welcome and have a great time!

skiMEbike

Impressive for sure....I am just coming off 4 days at the Loaf. As I am sure you can attest being just 20-30 miles away...It's not quite spring temps in the Western Mtns of ME, however the snow pack is deep making for great skiing. It will get even better when we get the temperatures to give us that endless corn we've been craving.