• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuckerman trip. Who's in?

C-Rex

For the past several years I've been trying to get to Tuckerman. No one in my core group of ski/snowboard buddies is interested. I really don't want to let another year pass without making it happen. So, does anyone want to plan a trip? Or is anyone planning a trip that they'd be willing to let me tag along on. I'm pretty easy to get along with, I think and act responsibly in the mountains, and I'm a solid rider. In other words, I won't be a problem. I've been looking at early May but I'm open to whenever.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm targeting the last weekend of April, obviously depending on weather. Myself, my brother, and possibly our buddy. We've never been either.

dmw

I'm another would be first timer possibly interested. Early May probably better than last weekend of April. Got a lot going on that could prevent me from making it, but I'd like to see if this shapes up.

makimono

possibly. where do you stay overnight?

Hard to beat Joe Dodge Lodge. Cozy little bunk rooms. Cow bell alarm. Buffet breakfast. Being able to have a prime parking spot in the Pinkham lot (if it's a popular day this is a huge plus). Being able to walk to the 'high speed quads'. ;)

C-Rex

Six avalanches up there yesterday!

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanche...ington+Avalanche+Center)&utm_content=FaceBook

not suggesting that would have anything to do with why or why not to make a trip. It just seemed like a current appropriate thread to share this.

Wow, that guy got really lucky! That's a pretty damned big slide he was caught in. This is why I'll wait until later in the season. I have a friend that is interested and possibly has access to a timeshare that's around 30 min away form Pinkham. Waiting to hear back from him.

ThinkSnow

If you wait too long then you have to deal with the possibility of undermined snow.

Soon after an avalanche is actually a good time to go, from my experience.

Grizzly Adams

group of friends and I are looking into making a trip to Tucks happen as well, most likely early/mid May, anyone know of a good source for getting info on conditions? Would love to see some trip reports as more and more people start heading up there

catsup948

Anyone going to be up there April 25th? I'm working out some plans for that weekend. Saturday afternoon in the bowl and Sunday at Wildcat.

dlague

This is something that i have been wanting to do for sometime now. However, knowing there is a lift spinning somewhere, I get lazy and never go.

octopus

are split boarders welcome? i want to split it with my 17yo son this year