• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Switching boot liners between shells

Domeskier

Bad idea? I have some relatively new foamed liners that I want to try out in different shell. The new shell is roughly the same length as the original, but about 2mm's wider. The old one is four buckle clam shell that I don't really care for. The new one is a cabrio shell with heat molded intuition linters that I don't really care for.

Puck it

You can't do that the world will end as we know it.

No problem doing it. Intution would not be in business then.

Domeskier

Heh. Good point. Guess it won't hurt to give it a try and see how it feels.

bigbog

Try the liner out for the warmth-factor, then if it passes and there is still a little empty room you can always fill in gaps with JB Weld's KwikPlastik. A putty that'll take ~10hrs to completely dry....but will hold solid in ~3 and won't be rock-like as the original JB Weld is. Pliable and can be sanded/ground down easily, or removed completely without a mess, great stuff...fwiw.

Last edited:

Domeskier

Try the liner out for the warmth-factor, then if it passes and there is still a little empty room you can always fill in gaps with JB Weld's KwikPlastik. A putty that'll take ~10hrs to completely dry....but will hold solid in ~3 and won't be rock-like as the original JB Weld is. Pliable and can be sanded/ground down easily, or removed completely without a mess, great stuff...fwiw.

Cool, thanks. I am a little concerned that with the slight differences in shell sizes the liner would be prone to sliding around. Sounds like a decent fix.