• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Mtn, Sunday March 29th

The Sneak

Arrived at 11 thinking the place would be dead. WRONG. Lot 1 full and gate closed. Booooo...we had to ride the shuttle.

Bright sunshine, low 30s, no wind.
The reported 4" Saturday made all the diff. The combination of sun, fresh snow, and skier traffic meant all trails were skiing nicely with a few icy spots.

My buddy's wife decided to demo and tried 5 pairs of skis in 5 hrs of skiing. A great day. Forbidden places still ski nicely.

Run of the day? Smith to Mass Ave uphill to a short tree run out to top of Vickery Bowl lift...to Vickery liftline back to lower Smith. Smith was in tough shape but extreme skiers right had plenty of LSGR.

Lookit me poaching part of pine hill trail. Hike to summit to pine hill to ropers road weeee....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427770530.813355.jpg
the Sneak is a handsome man

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427770547.761470.jpg
A ski pal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427770603.499877.jpg
Vickery Liftline

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427770630.485598.jpg
Just another wknd at the Wa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sneak

Also
I was on my old Prophet 90s. They seem to like speed more than the redesigned ones. They def feel plankier if that's a word but within a run or two they felt just fine.

prsboogie

Arrived at 11 thinking the place would be dead. WRONG. Lot 1 full and gate closed. Booooo...we had to ride the shuttle.

Bright sunshine, low 30s, no wind.
The reported 4" Saturday made all the diff. The combination of sun, fresh snow, and skier traffic meant all trails were skiing nicely with a few icy spots.

My buddy's wife decided to demo and tried 5 pairs of skis in 5 hrs of skiing. A great day. Forbidden places still ski nicely.

Run of the day? Smith to Mass Ave uphill to a short tree run out to top of Vickery Bowl lift...to Vickery liftline back to lower Smith. Smith was in tough shape but extreme skiers right had plenty of LSGR.

Lookit me poaching part of pine hill trail. Hike to summit to pine hill to ropers road weeee....

View attachment 16375
the Sneak is a handsome man

View attachment 16376
A ski pal

View attachment 16377
Vickery Liftline

View attachment 16378
Just another wknd at the Wa

That short tree run is known as Hole in the wall!! I was running that with the kids to carve up piece of cake, the kids thought they were all that!!