• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fri Apr 3 to Sat Apr 4

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
NE_Snow.png

BenedictGomez

Models still consistent.

06z GFS gives n.VT 5" or 6" ending sometime before 1pm, NAM is about 5" or 6" ending by 9am (yes please), and the Canadian gives practically nothing. Anyone see the 00z pay-to-play Euro? 12z's should be coming out soon, but I'll be on the snow at that time. Should be interesting conditions today given it's almost 50 out.

BenedictGomez

12z NAM first in, looks great with better timing = less rain and a bit more snow, probably to 8", and ending right when the lifts open to boot.

Of course, the NAM nearly always "looks great" and overdoes the snow totals, but I can dream.

Heading out now to plunder some corn.

BenedictGomez

Yikes, this really took a last minute turn for the worse. :-(

Hopefully the 18z brings the higher totals back.

thenaven

So bummed about this rain.. I was looking forward to catching potentially the last ski day of the season this Sunday. Hopefully there is be some snow left and no rain. I'll take camelback, poconos or Catskills. I need to ski!!!

〽❄❅

^ you may get your chance yet... weather dot com predicting 90% 3"-5" Tuesday morning snow storm for Hunter, high of 39º F. May have to take a mental health day. Before you get too excited, that site flip flops their forecast several times a day!

〽❄❅

- now TWC rain Tues and moved it to Wednesday/90% 1"-3" snow mix/freezing rain, 37º. Onthesnow dot com 2" Tues., 6" Wed. Rrright:\

yeggous

It's raining in Lyndonville, but both Burke and Jay are reporting snow with light accumulations. Heading to Jay as soon as the boss puts her face on.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

fbrissette

It's raining in Lyndonville, but both Burke and Jay are reporting snow with light accumulations. Heading to Jay as soon as the boss puts her face on.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Been raining all night at the bottom of Jay. Has been snowing for a short while, but looking at the radar, we'll be lucky to get two inches at the base. With the cold, this will screw up ski conditions for the rest of the week-end.

This has ended up worse than the worse-case scenario for northern Vermont.

BenedictGomez

Been raining all night at the bottom of Jay. Has been snowing for a short while, but looking at the radar, we'll be lucky to get two inches at the base. With the cold, this will screw up ski conditions for the rest of the week-end.

This has ended up worse than the worse-case scenario for northern Vermont.

Depends where. For Jay that's definitely the case as they were supposed to get the most snow out of this.

Here at Smuggs they've reported 5" to 6", which I believe, as looking out the window the boot depressions are fully covered, and it's still snowing hard. About to swallow down breakfast and head out.

BenedictGomez

The final tally was 8" to 10", and it felt like more in certain snow-gathering regions like Shakedown.

Today was the best way possible to end the ski season.

Jcb890

Any real-time info on Killington today/tonight? I'm contemplating a trip there tomorrow.