• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pet Peeve of the Day

CoolMike

That's up there with the people who think they can claim a table at the lodge with their bags...although many ski areas have changed their policies to prevent this.

Yes. People who do this should have their stuff shredded by some sort of giant stuff shredder.

dlague

Yes. People who do this should have their stuff shredded by some sort of giant stuff shredder.

That happened to us at Cannon - came in for lunch and no tables except a table with boot bags and packs covering. We pushed them aside and ate. While eating they arrived, grabbed their stuff and went else where looking a little hot and bothered but never said anything.

Jcb890

#1 pet peeve of mine is snowboarders who feel the need to flop the tail of their board to get the snow off it while they are in the lift line, and by doing so flop it on everyone else. A-hole move for sure.

And yes, I've seen skiers do it as well (with their tips) but the majority of the time it's snowboarders.

As a snowboarder myself, I very rarely do that. If/when I do, it is only to get snow out of my bindings and I always make sure I'm not going to hit someone's skis/board. I don't appreciate it when it happens to me either! It sucks. I don't even like it when people make contact with my board in line, but I don't get too upset about it.

That happened to us at Cannon - came in for lunch and no tables except a table with boot bags and packs covering. We pushed them aside and ate. While eating they arrived, grabbed their stuff and went else where looking a little hot and bothered but never said anything.

Why people don't use the free bag checks that most mountains have is beyond me. Most people will be nice about it, but sometimes they get bitchy.

Jcb890

My pet peeve of the day:

People that don't look up towards oncoming traffic while traversing across trails that are intersecting.

mlctvt

Or what about people in singles line with their friends and when it comes to a merge they don't want to alternate because they'll be separated from their friends. One time this year a young lady says go when it was her turn. I said no it's your turn and that wouldn't be fair to the people behind you. WTF, if you want to stay with your friends then don't get in the singles line. I see this all the time.

catskills

People that don't put the safety bar down.

Its a good thing these folks had their safety bar down.

208378_1851463039718_4785640_n.jpg

skiur

#1 pet peeve of mine is snowboarders who feel the need to flop the tail of their board to get the snow off it while they are in the lift line, and by doing so flop it on everyone else. A-hole move for sure.

And yes, I've seen skiers do it as well (with their tips) but the majority of the time it's snowboarders.

oh my god you got snow on you while skiing??? the horror!!

C-Rex

Damn! Beat me to it! :lol:

I agree it shouldn't be done in line and I know most lifties hate when you do it on the wood platform waiting for the chair. It can be pretty loud. But my last concern is that someone gets some snow on them.

I argee with not waiting at the front of the line too. Sometimes I'll wait toward the back of the maze but I'm well out of the way.

My recent irk is when snowboarders or skiers walk into the line and then drop their skis/board to put them/it on. Or when they do it right in front of the entrance to the line. You are just asking me to run them/it over. No, I wouldn't do it, but come on, don't be an ass.

HowieT2

Agreed. and I'm not talking about on top of the table either. Its just rude to leave your bags under the table when there is a designated bag storage room 50 feet away. hate that. put your crap away where its supposed to be and dont leave it where others need to sit.

Smellytele

Agreed. and I'm not talking about on top of the table either. Its just rude to leave your bags under the table when there is a designated bag storage room 50 feet away. hate that. put your crap away where its supposed to be and dont leave it where others need to sit.

A lot of ski areas I go to do not have bag checks. Some do but not all. Also the ones that have the little cubbies never seem to have enough. By the way I never leave my stuff under or on a table.

HowieT2

A lot of ski areas I go to do not have bag checks. Some do but not all. Also the ones that have the little cubbies never seem to have enough. By the way I never leave my stuff under or on a table.

well, if there's no place to put the bags, you're off the hook. I'm just used to sugarbush, where in the gatehouse, there is a large boot room with storage downstairs, another bag storage room upstairs and signs advising not to stow bags under the tables, and yet there are still some jackasses who can't be bothered moving their crap where it is supposed to be.

HowieT2

well, if there's no place to put the bags, you're off the hook. I'm just used to sugarbush, where in the gatehouse, there is a large boot room with storage downstairs, another bag storage room upstairs and signs advising not to stow bags under the tables, and yet there are still some jackasses who can't be bothered moving their crap where it is supposed to be.

meanwhile, I just realized I sound like my wife. ha ha.

skiNEwhere

Lol I knew someone was gonna say that.

It's the self-absorbed, don't give a f*%# about anyone else principle of it.

Post a pic of yourself. I'll make sure to launch snowballs at you while you're skiing down.

Highway Star

I'm really struggling with which forum is more lame - Alpinezone or Epicski or Realskiers. I mean, at least on epicski and realskiers, they have pretty good handle on technique, equipment, and ski areas.

I'm pretty sure that with this thread, you've achieved the pinnacle of lameness.

Congrats Alpinezone for being the lamest ski forum in the world!!!