PSA Vt Hand Held Device Law Enforcement - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Waze does have built in voice commands (at least it does on Android), but it's turned off by default. Once you enable it you just tap the screen with 3 fingers and it will listen for your command.
    Brian

I don't travel without a radar detector. Can't tell you how many tickets have been saved by that thing.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    I don't travel without a radar detector. Can't tell you how many tickets have been saved by that thing.
    Be careful though, cops are now using lidar which won't show on a normal scanner
    2017/2018 Days

A-Basin - 10/13

Loveland Pass - 10/6

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Waze does have built in voice commands (at least it does on Android), but it's turned off by default. Once you enable it you just tap the screen with 3 fingers and it will listen for your command.
    you can even set it to sense motion... i have it set to WAVE TWICE, i pass my hand infront of the phone x2 (i have iphone) and it asks what i want.. quick way to report speed traps and really don't have to look down, tho i do quickly turn off the radio to eliminate noise
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    Be careful though, cops are now using lidar which won't show on a normal scanner
    It shows...Just harder to pick up. Especially on empty roads.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    A lot of people in MA breaking the law in the last 24 hrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    citizen's arrest!
    On the drive home last week. Traffic was too slow for speeding and it was raining. The state police were pulling a lot of people over and I can only assume it was for not having lights on.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    you can even set it to sense motion... i have it set to WAVE TWICE, i pass my hand infront of the phone x2 (i have iphone) and it asks what i want.. quick way to report speed traps and really don't have to look down, tho i do quickly turn off the radio to eliminate noise
    Yeah, I tried the waving thing, but I couldn't get it to work. Maybe I just suck at waving??

Regarding the radio, I always stream music from my phone, so the music is automatically attenuated when Waze (or any other app) wants to talk, or is waiting for voice input. I'll admit that I haven't actually used the voice commands with Waze, but I know it's there. I do use Google Now (like Siri, but.. you know.. better) to send texts and whatnot using voice commands, it would be nice if Waze was integrated into it instead.

Brian

Thread Information