• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback April 4 - MORE SNOW

salsgang

Epic winter of 2014-15 continues at Saddleback. Picked up another 3-4 inches making for some sweet mid-winter like turns. A bit heavier / wet snow at base, lighter fluffier turns up top. Unfortunately the winds kicked up at shut down the upper mountain lifts at 12:30, but the t-bar still ran. Overall a very good day. It is April 4th right?

IMG_1761.JPG

More words - a couple of more pics and video on the blog. Happy Easter everyone.

http://www.maineskifamily.com/2015/04/april-powder-day-at-saddleback-maine.html

bdfreetuna

Was there too Saturday and Sunday. Insane weather. At least the lifts were running most of Sunday. Good thing for the T-bar!

Amazing skiing though.

skiMEbike

My buddies & I have called an audible for the weekend ski plans....Originally the plan was for two days at the Loaf for reggae, however given the limited lifts & potential increase crowds...We have decided to hit Saddleback for one day & the Loaf for one. 1 of my buddies is paying window price, so instead of paying 1 adult ticket @ the loaf we can buy 2 tickets at the back for nearly same price ($39/ticket).

I can't wait, as it's been a couple years since I've skied at the Back !!!! Furthermore I've yet to get into a lot of the glades due to conditions and timing of my ski trips over there. Any recent intel on conditions? More importantly looking for intel/advice on glades to hit up....My guess is the coverage is similar to the loaf....plenty of coverage just need the right temperature. Curious on hiking to the top & what thats like & whether it is worth it...My recollection is maybe 100-200 ft of additional veritcal ??

bdfreetuna

My buddies & I have called an audible for the weekend ski plans....Originally the plan was for two days at the Loaf for reggae, however given the limited lifts & potential increase crowds...We have decided to hit Saddleback for one day & the Loaf for one. 1 of my buddies is paying window price, so instead of paying 1 adult ticket @ the loaf we can buy 2 tickets at the back for nearly same price ($39/ticket).

I can't wait, as it's been a couple years since I've skied at the Back !!!! Furthermore I've yet to get into a lot of the glades due to conditions and timing of my ski trips over there. Any recent intel on conditions? More importantly looking for intel/advice on glades to hit up....My guess is the coverage is similar to the loaf....plenty of coverage just need the right temperature. Curious on hiking to the top & what thats like & whether it is worth it...My recollection is maybe 100-200 ft of additional veritcal ??

All the woods will have excellent coverage. One glade I'd recommend that doesn't look like anything special on the map is Wooly Bugger Glade. Really fun and unique tree zone.

You made a good choice splitting the trip. I had 2 days at Saddleback and 2 days at Sugarloaf last week. If you familiarize yourself with these two mountains a little before getting there you should be able to make the most of your time.

salsgang

I am anticipating Saddleback being off the rails tomorrow. Forecast looks very promising with sun and mid to upper 40's with winds less than Saturday. If that holds true should be very good.

Our favorite glade run in Upper Nightmare than either lower nightmare or cut over to Thrombosis. Casablanca is always good. Check out the new glades off Jane Craig and Professor.

We will be there. Skis are waxed can't wait!

skiMEbike

All the woods will have excellent coverage. One glade I'd recommend that doesn't look like anything special on the map is Wooly Bugger Glade. Really fun and unique tree zone.

I'll elaborate more in Sals' other Saddleback thread....That glade was very nice (especially when the TBar is the only thing running).