• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged April 4&5 2015

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Pulled the trigger on a season pass at Ragged and spent the last two afternoons there. I'm getting real lazy about traveling and since Ragged is only ten minutes down the road ... plus I'm already 1/5 the way towards breaking even. How cool is that?

Saturday was windy. In fact the wind knocked the power out so that only the Spear quad was running on generator. I filled in the application for the seasons pass and was given a hand written ticket. By the time I got to the lift they were roping it off. The power was back on. Anyway, it was a bit chilly. Temps barely reaching forty so there was still some half frozen slop from earlier in the day and it was getting colder, firmer and windier too. So I only skied maybe an hour and a half and called it quits to run some errands.

Sunday was glorious. Just a little breezy, beautifully sunny, soft snow - perfect spring conditions. I doubt anywhere in the NE was just this way. I didn't arrive until and skied with barely a 10 minute break until last chair.

Now if I wanna ski I really do have to drive.

I like the way they worked the drainage this.
Ragged Drain by Bob Misu, on Flickr

Never seen this much snow on Ragged Edge in April
Ragged Edge by Bob Misu, on Flickr

The glades were all roped off but there seems to be plenty of snow
Lower Abyss by Bob Misu, on Flickr