• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mini freezing for next 30/year's I see

wa-loaf

Got a source for this info?

attachment.php

Attachments

• climate change.jpg
    climate change.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 350

catsup948

I get what Scotty is talking about. I will try to find an article about it. Times with little or no sunspot activity have led to cooler over all global temperatures. Dalton Minimum in the 1800s, Maunder Minimum in the late 1600 early 1700s. But from what I understand we can't expect a global cool down with the amount of global warming we have caused since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Basically certain parts of the planet may have a period of cooling while others especially near the equator continue to warm every year.

bdfreetuna

I'm sure hoping for another Dalton. This past winter had low sunspot activity although it's ticked up again in the last month or so. Judging by the way the last few solar cycles have been trending down, and this last one almost died out early, we probably have 2 or 3 years before we'll be far enough into the next cycle (or lack thereof) to make a reasonable guess. Anything could happen; it is the sun.

A Dalton scale event would easily mitigate any warming on a global scale. The papers would be calling this a "mini ice age", although it would probably not be something New Englanders can't easily adapt to. A Maunder would be a real mini ice age.

The effects of the sun going to sleep for a decade or more won't be missed and should easily outweigh the effects of accidental human climate intervention. Intentional human climate intervention will always be the wild card. "Mitigation" is the new buzz word at the climate conferences. Our technocratic climate saviors will simply not sit on the sidelines while the sun or other natural factors dictate our climate!

BenedictGomez

we can't expect a global cool down with the amount of global warming we have caused since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

And yet, the earth has not warmed in nearly 20 years....

And yet, CO2 production has screamed past scientists' best case, base case, AND worst case scenarios during that same time-frame.

The 800lb elephant trumpeting in the corner is the fact that the hypothesis is broken. Which is precisely why they're currently scrambling to determine why the earth hasnt warmed (ocean's absorbing more heat than previously thought, CO2 effect overstated, something......anything....).

Jully

And yet, CO2 production has screamed past scientists' best case, base case, AND worst case scenarios during that same time-frame.

The 800lb elephant trumpeting in the corner is the fact that the hypothesis is broken. Which is precisely why they're currently scrambling to determine why the earth hasnt warmed (ocean's absorbing more heat than previously thought, CO2 effect overstated, something......anything....).

This is SO not the place to get into it. But you're somehow incredibly misinformed. Yikes

catsup948

Honestly do you wait until I post something just to quote me and say I'm wrong?

Since 2000 the earth has stopped warming. But before that it was rapidly warming.

http://www.climate.gov/news-feature...s-surface-temperature-stop-rising-past-decade

Temps near the equator were higher than normal the last several years. Other regions being below normal may off set this. I need to find the article I read about sunspot activity, it has a nice caveat about "global warming" taking part in us not totally going into an ice age if sunspot activity diminishes for a prolonged period.

Global Warming is a different debate.

bdfreetuna

One major and relevant goal is to melt the Arctic for resource exploitation while keeping most populated (east coast and south) areas of US cool.

Overall there is little to be alarmed about regarding changes in the climate over the last century. When people get their heads out of the sand and demand a stop to climate intervention / climate engineering we should see the "hot zones" and "cold zones" mix together again.

The prize for whomever melts the Arctic and exploits those resources is massive and could determine the next century futures for either USA or Russia and allies. Since the 1930's it's been proposed to intentionally melt this ice. Recently people are catching on to how it's being done.

Operation Ice Bridge is all about how to keep Greenland frozen even as a "persistent ridge" of high pressure of the coast of California diverts warm air up to Alaska, melting ice on the other side of the Arctic (where it's both more easily accessible and less of a threat to sea levels -- which is only a threat in the eyes of the uninformed masses anyway).

Puck it

One major and relevant goal is to melt the Arctic for resource exploitation while keeping most populated (east coast and south) areas of US cool.

Overall there is little to be alarmed about regarding changes in the climate over the last century. When people get their heads out of the sand and demand a stop to climate intervention / climate engineering we should see the "hot zones" and "cold zones" mix together again.

The prize for whomever melts the Arctic and exploits those resources is massive and could determine the next century futures for either USA or Russia and allies. Since the 1930's it's been proposed to intentionally melt this ice. Recently people are catching on to how it's being done.

Operation Ice Bridge is all about how to keep Greenland frozen even as a "persistent ridge" of high pressure of the coast of California diverts warm air up to Alaska, melting ice on the other side of the Arctic (where it's both more easily accessible and less of a threat to sea levels -- which is only a threat in the eyes of the uninformed masses anyway).
Did you crash and hit your head?

Puck it

Is this topic a problem for you? So far 4 posts in the thread trying to shut it down early with no contribution.

Maybe there's a thread that interests you somewhere around here. Go look.
Not really only because these just go no where and fast. And your post here and contrail posts seems like you are a conspiracy theorist all the way.

bdfreetuna

Not really only because these just go no where and fast. And your post here and contrail posts seems like you are a conspiracy theorist all the way.

Speaking of contrails and on the topic of climate change...
Global radiative forcing from contrail cirrus. Nature.com

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v1/n1/full/nclimate1068.html

Turns out they cause warming. With sulfur added to JP8 jet fuel they cause even more.

^^
And that's what dumbasses call "conspiracy theory".

Puck it

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Speaking of contrails and on the topic of climate change...
Global radiative forcing from contrail cirrus. Nature.com

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v1/n1/full/nclimate1068.html

Turns out they cause warming. With sulfur added to JP8 jet fuel they cause even more.

^^
And that's what dumbasses call "conspiracy theory".

That Contrail study is pure crap.
My "Firsthand experience "as a glider pilot flying from clear areas though areas obscured by contrails and back to clear areas .
There is a "Significant" difference in the thermal lift rates of climb , much lower and even sometimes non existant. According to that study there should be more heat reflected back to the ground , if that were the case the climb rates should be higher as heat is the cause of thermals in the first place.
Crap reference purely coincidence:-D

bdfreetuna

Please explain my "seeding conspiracy theory". I'm curious to hear how a dumbass managed to misinterpret the clear explanation of established science and transparent policies I provided overwhelming proof of.

This is what I'm talking about. You're completely out of your element yet you still feel the need to control the dialogue by either dumbing or shutting it down. Classic dumbass trait.