• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville Intel

HD333

Trigger was pulled on a rental at WV for next season, went through WVNH.com reality I would recommend them to anyone looking in the area.
Going to a big difference from the last few years but looking forward to it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unsubstantiated rumor, but JDRoma and I rode a lift today with a guy that said the Sununu family is flush out of cash and Waterville is on the verge of declaring bankruptcy.

Any Waterville locals also hear this? I know they've been trying to sell for quite some time.

machski

OK, no way family is "flush out of cash" so that part is bogus, but have they hit the point of halting investment due to lack of return? Possibly. Haven't heard much In terms of the operation lately.

HD333

From my experience renting at WV this season it sure does seem like they are holding on by a shoestring both on and off the mountain.
They did do a decent job with what they got for snow but I don't think they went all in with snowmaking. In reality I didn't see any major upgrades from when I skied there years ago, lodge is the same, exactly the same.
Kudos to the bartenders (not waitresses) at Buckets, they kept us happy during après all season. The village is old and needs a real draw to get people down there in the evening. Mulligans was a nice addition but they are forced to close at 6?!?!? Legends is terrible in all aspects and the Valley Pub is putting out cafeteria quality food.
I did overhear at the pass holder appreciation party that they were operating at a lose this year (full disclosure no idea how accurate that is it was some yahoo standing near us not a resort employee).
Seems like the BBTS and long time condo owners are what keeps WV in business year to year and the mountain may be relying to heavily on them to keep things afloat.
I enjoyed re-connecting with WV with the family this season, there are a few good trails and we had a fun season but we will not be returning next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk