• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 4/10/15; warmth and rain forecast

nkLottery

So it's becoming consistent in the forecast that warmth and rain is predicted across the northern reaches of New England. It's not time to let go yet so where is looking like the best bet for a Saturday day trip? My guess is Wildcat should stay cool enough to weather all of this and hold decent conditions.

drjeff

This weekend looks like it's going to be the first real weekend of a corn harvest available across all of the remaining open areas in New England. Most places still have decent bases, even in the trees, so while the weather starting Friday and lasting a few days will likely take a substantial toll on a good chunk of what's left open (especially any natural snow terrain), just get out to your favorite ski area and enjoy what very well could be the last real chance for months to ski on the majority of terrain that your favorite ski area in VT/NH/MME has to offer

skiMEbike

Sugarloaf...However it will be kind of a zoo up there with Reggae weekend. Skiing is off the hook right now!

backside.jpg

VTKilarney

I don't think that Friday is going to do an incredible amount of damage. Stick to northern New England and you should be fine for this weekend. The following weekend, however, could see a lot less terrain open.

nkLottery

Personally I want to hit MRG, but with their mostly natural terrain I feel it could get messy. Idk Gonna keep an eye on things, I'm probably over thinking it at this point, it's new england weather

wa-loaf

Sugarloaf...However it will be kind of a zoo up there with Reggae weekend. Skiing is off the hook right now!

attachment.php

Been to a couple reggae weekends. Everyone is partying at the beach (or sleeping off hangovers) but the slopes are empty! It's a great time to go.

Smellytele

May play hooky on Monday. Not sure who will be open midweek but I have a ticket for MRG, 50% off at K and a mid week ticket at Sugarbush. Also Cannon is 2 fer 74. also have vertical card at Wildcat so 50% off $49.
Cannon (37) and K (42) would be the closest. MRG and the Bush free. Wildcat only 24.50.
Could hit MRG Sunday for free.
:confused:

skiMEbike

Been to a couple reggae weekends. Everyone is partying at the beach (or sleeping off hangovers) but the slopes are empty! It's a great time to go.

I've been to a "few" also...And I agree with your statement. For the most part after 1:00 on Satuday things quiet down, and typically on Sundays of Reggae weekend the slopes are empty....However this year will be slightly different dynamics with no KingPine or Timberline (which is bummer especially after looking at todays photo of the day from Sugarloaf). They are offering up Cat rides to the summit.

JAM614

Black Mountain of Maine's last weekend coming up. Still plenty of snow and lift tickets good for $25 Saturday and Sunday. Forecast in the 50's.

ironhippy

I'm at Mount Saint Anne in Quebec, great skiing yesterday, blue skies, almost every trail open, nice, soft snow.

Today, it's pouring and the hill is closed. I spent the morning visiting the St Anne of Beaupre church, if I was by myself I would strongly consider hiking the hill in the rain, but the girlfriend and her dad wouldn't appreciate me leaving them.

SIKSKIER

Mount Snow:
10:52 AM Friday, April 10, 2015 Update 2:21 p.m.: We have suspended lift operations due to an imcoming thunderstorm but we will advise if we are able to reopen.

ScottySkis

Be in Catskills all weekend one day at platty Sunday at hunter should be awesome spring party at both hills.

dlague

Wow - yesterday skied powder at Cannon today pouring and thunder followed by a Monday scorcher! damn it! get out while you can I tell ya!

catsup948

Today is not spring like what so ever at Jay Peak! Very disappointing so late in the season. Yesterday was pretty awesome until it poured in the afternoon.

dmw

Killington is soft on the Bear / Skye side, and quite fast and firm on the K1 side.

Cannonball

Cannon was rough this morning. Delayed start while they re-groomed the mountain. Lower lifts opened around 9:10. Then they had staff making personal warnings to each customer about the need to stay on the groomed and not duck any ropes. This was very good advice. Everything was solid. If not for the grooming it would have been unskiable. They still had groomers working some trails when JDRoma and I bailed at 10.

Bumpsis

I'm definitely hitting Cannon tomorrow. Looks like temps and the sun will soften things up by late morning/noon. I have high hopes for a stellar spring skiing day tomorrow.