Everyone's starting to get in on this downhill MTB thing. - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone ride Sunday River? I'm wondering how steep the learning curve is. I'd like to try some lift served but most of it is well, well over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Anyone ride Sunday River? I'm wondering how steep the learning curve is. I'd like to try some lift served but most of it is well, well over my head.

If you really want to try it (and become addicted), I'd say make the trip to Highland. I know it may be a bit of a haul for you, but the place is geared around progression. I'd recommend doing the "Find Your Ride" program. It's relatively inexpensive and gets you a bike and as much protective gear as you want for less than simply renting a bike. You do have to take the lesson, though.

Quote Originally Posted by catsup948 View Post
    Berkshire East downhill trails are pretty gnarly from what I've heard. They have some easier options that run out by Outback but the expert trail is straight down the front of the mountain! I don't mountain bike due to the cost but I'm thinking of taking it up!
    From what I understand they have a pretty extensive setup there. The DH trails are professionally built (same guys who did Whistler, I think) and they have a good cross country network that ties in with surrounding properties.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post

SR has some great beginner terrain off the Chondi that is fairly tame and wide on ski trails. You can add in some banked turns and short single track off these wide greens ad you progress/get more comfortable. The blues can get a bit technical but Tango and Crash is a blast. The catch with SR is, the blacks can really be a step up so don't get suckered into riding one of those too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    From what I understand they have a pretty extensive setup there. The DH trails are professionally built (same guys who did Whistler, I think) and they have a good cross country network that ties in with surrounding properties.
    Opening this week. We'll have a dozen trails, ranging from machine built beginner to rake and ride double black expert only.
    Some really nice jumps, nasty rock and roots and ever-changing loam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hado226 View Post
    Opening this week. We'll have a dozen trails, ranging from machine built beginner to rake and ride double black expert only.
    Some really nice jumps, nasty rock and roots and ever-changing loam.
    Thanks for the update. Are you involved with the trail building up there?
    Brian

You could say that... Opening weekend was awesome. The boys from northatlanticdirt.com did a nice review after riding a couple days and chatting with me on a couple lift rides. Nice photo of bike patrol (me) on my favorite trail.

3 Wheels ?
    http://timefortuckerman.com/forums/s...892#post169892

Thread Information