• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 4.12.15

MommaBear

I can confirm - snapped a photo for my husband.
attachment.php

Jcb890

Anybody planning to go on Snow's last day, Sunday 4/19? $19.54 as previously mentioned. Has anyone gone on closing day before? Is it normally really busy with the cheap ticket price?

drjeff

Anybody planning to go on Snow's last day, Sunday 4/19? $19.54 as previously mentioned. Has anyone gone on closing day before? Is it normally really busy with the cheap ticket price?

This is the 1st time, at least in a LONG time, that they've done tickets that cheap on the last day.

Usually last day is just a bunch of us pass holders enjoying 1 last day of the season and it isn't very crowded at all. Who knows how many $19.54 tickets they sold and how that will effect lines? Plus the Northface is scheduled to be open, and it usually isn't on closing day, so that will give more terrain to spread however many people will be there out over

Jcb890

This is the 1st time, at least in a LONG time, that they've done tickets that cheap on the last day.

Usually last day is just a bunch of us pass holders enjoying 1 last day of the season and it isn't very crowded at all. Who knows how many $19.54 tickets they sold and how that will effect lines? Plus the Northface is scheduled to be open, and it usually isn't on closing day, so that will give more terrain to spread however many people will be there out over

Early on it was dead, but it was quite busy around 1:00. The snow was good and plenty of coverage for their last day of operations. I had a great time.

drjeff

Early on it was dead, but it was quite busy around 1:00. The snow was good and plenty of coverage for their last day of operations. I had a great time.

My son and I did the 10:30 to 2:30 shift today - had maybe 10 to 15 chair waits on the Bluebird, waits of maybe 2 to 3 groups per queue lane at Carinthia and basically ski on on the Northface - given that today gave me "perfect attendance" of at least 1 weekend day each weekend Mount Snow was open this season, the lines were a non issue for not just myself but many other of my season passholder friends my son and I were enjoying one more day of turns with this season

Always a bittersweet feeling on the last day as a passholder having to say goodbye to many of your "ski" friends for 7 months

drjeff

i feared the $20 would bring out the masses, was happy with the practically ski on bubble

Gotta remember that even with just the 3 lifts they spun today, they still had an hourly uphill capacity of around 7,000 people - I'm guessing that they maybe had 1500 people there today - still way more than the usual couple hundred folks there on most last days

Jcb890

My son and I did the 10:30 to 2:30 shift today - had maybe 10 to 15 chair waits on the Bluebird, waits of maybe 2 to 3 groups per queue lane at Carinthia and basically ski on on the Northface - given that today gave me "perfect attendance" of at least 1 weekend day each weekend Mount Snow was open this season, the lines were a non issue for not just myself but many other of my season passholder friends my son and I were enjoying one more day of turns with this season

Always a bittersweet feeling on the last day as a passholder having to say goodbye to many of your "ski" friends for 7 months

Nice! I was there 8:00 - 1:00 myself. In the AM, everything was completely dead. Around 11 it was pretty busy down at the base and Bluebird, so I took a bit of an early lunch. When I came back out around 11:45ish, the lines had died down quite a bit at the Bluebird. I spent most of my day on the North Face, which like you said was pretty dead.

All-in-all, a great day. Can't complain at all about the snow or coverage considering it was their last day and only $20.

i feared the $20 would bring out the masses, was happy with the practically ski on bubble

A lot of people seemed to show up late and be getting ready to enjoy an afternoon spring session. Overall though, the crowds weren't bad at all.

Gotta remember that even with just the 3 lifts they spun today, they still had an hourly uphill capacity of around 7,000 people - I'm guessing that they maybe had 1500 people there today - still way more than the usual couple hundred folks there on most last days

A few people I spoke to seemed to think the $20 ticket helped bring some crowds for the final day. It wasn't too busy from my perspective, hopefully for Mt. Snow it was good enough for them to make some extra $$ compared to normal closing days. Perhaps Mt. Snow will see that it was something worthwhile and continue to offer it next season.

MommaBear

A few people I spoke to seemed to think the $20 ticket helped bring some crowds for the final day. It wasn't too busy from my perspective, hopefully for Mt. Snow it was good enough for them to make some extra $$ compared to normal closing days. Perhaps Mt. Snow will see that it was something worthwhile and continue to offer it next season.

For a closing day it was pretty busy, thou agreed nothing like a busy day during the season. Like Dr Jeff said, it is usually just a small crowd of passholders on closing day. While riding the NF lift, I noticed most of the people coming down the trail all had tickets - so IMO, the $20 definitely brought out people that wouldn't normally have come.

Bluebird line probably died down around noon due to the NF finally being soft enough to ski..lol!

Jcb890

For a closing day it was pretty busy, thou agreed nothing like a busy day during the season. Like Dr Jeff said, it is usually just a small crowd of passholders on closing day. While riding the NF lift, I noticed most of the people coming down the trail all had tickets - so IMO, the $20 definitely brought out people that wouldn't normally have come.

Bluebird line probably died down around noon due to the NF finally being soft enough to ski..lol!

I preferred the NF when it was harder as opposed to the huge mounds of slush that it was in the afternoon from people pushing it around with their skis and boards. Conditions over on the NF were good the entire time I was over there though, which was between 10-1 or so.