• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow - 4.12.15

gmcunni

Date -4.12.15
Resort - Mount Snow
Conditions - Spring
Report - Fantastic Day. plenty of snow and nobody there.

elks

Lucky you! Fantastic day at Cannon too, but what a zoo! I was not expecting such crowds. More lines than during Christmas break week.

gmcunni

line was about 3 or 4 rows at the bluebird around 10-12. after that it was practically ski on. more of a line @ carinthia

drjeff

Today didn't suck! Ripcord was amazing!! Still tons of snow over the vast majority of the hill!

SkiRay

We drove by Okemo, Stratton and Snow on the way home today - took the day off after skiing for the last 7 days.. The mountains all look in great shape and that includes Magic. Hard to think that some of these places are closing in a week... At least stay open for weekend operations.

MommaBear

We were pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds as well. Agree that the wait to get on the lift at Carinthia was longer than getting on the Bluebird by mid day. Northface rarely had a line and when it did, it moved quickly. Awesome day.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Some how it gave Cannon a great spring skiing vibe IMO and that late season skiing is not as dead as we are lead to think.

Oh, I agree. It was great to see all the people there having a good time. I would have loved to have stayed the whole day.

I'm just not used to that experience at Cannon. Even on Superbowl Sunday the crowds are typically half what it was. Good for them.

xwhaler

Zoomer was ski on after we had lunch. We stopped around 2:45 and there were still lengthy lines up at CBall.
Awesome day with a great group of guys.

2knees

Hey Gary, was the place all groomed out? Last few times I went there in late spring I was really disappointed by the lack of bumps. I see ripcord in your facebook pic but that isn't exactly a run you want to lap all day.

gmcunni

Hey Gary, was the place all groomed out? Last few times I went there in late spring I was really disappointed by the lack of bumps. I see ripcord in your facebook pic but that isn't exactly a run you want to lap all day.

i actually thought of you yesterday Pat. Freefall was pretty much top to bottom bumps. i didn't snap a pic as we rode lift over it and i didn't ski it but it looked AMAZING.

gmcunni

i actually thought of you yesterday Pat. Freefall was pretty much top to bottom bumps. i didn't snap a pic as we rode lift over it and i didn't ski it but it looked AMAZING.

if they don't groom it and the rain doesn't kill it i imagine it will be great next weekend too. i didn't see any signs of dirt showing through.

gmcunni

not my pic and not sure when it was taken but Freefall looked a lot like this yesterday (sunday). DRJeff can confirm, he was there too.

blog%20freefall.jpg