• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback April 12 - Stellar Spring Day

salsgang

Fantastic spring day at Saddleback. Temps around 50 with DEEP cover made for some epic spring turns. A whole lotta fun. Good crowd on the hill enjoying the skiing and beer & burgers at the Yurt and on the lodge deck. Great day!

Ripping the seemingly endless Peachy Peril Bumps.

FullSizeRender%2B(6).jpg

Couple more pics and video evidence of a old man tumble down the Governor head wall on the blog.

Saddleback open next weekend April 18-19. They have plenty of snow. $39 can't go wrong. Also - Teachers pay the lowest grade they teach and students pay the grade they’re in. I think there is a special deal for college students too. All good - check it out!

skiMEbike

Looks awesome! I was in the Western ME mountains for the last three days, so still a little foggy & beat up from 3 days on the slopes & all the things that come with the "dedication". I must say the last two days were stellar spring skiing with sunshine & temps in 50's....Mmmmmm still playing it back in my head....These will be the memories that get me through the summer !!

I did make it up to Saddleback for one day (unfortunately on Saturday), so another trip to Saddleback goes by without getting into the Casablanca glades...Oh Well, it will happen eventyally. The ski expectations were very very low for Saturday with the forecasted winds at 4000 feet being 45 - 50 mph sustained winds with gusts upward around 70 mph. Upon arriving at SB on Saturday, we got word they were only running the Tbar & the Sandy double. I seriously figured for $39 it would be a good investment, and ski maybe 2 hours tops given the limited veritcal....I was pleasantly surprised how much trail offerings & variety you get from the a single Tbar with less than 700 vertical feet....16 runs later, my buddy & I were beat. We thoroughly enjoyed the offerings with the two solid choices for bump runs, as well as some glades (woolly bugger & thrombosis glades).

The snowpack will take a little hit this week with warm temps, however I got to think Saddleback & Loaf will still be close to 100% open this weekend...It's mid-April & all the glades are in play!! Doesn't get much better than this....Delay the chores another weekend (or two) & get out there and: "Ski it while you can".

salsgang

Looks awesome! I was in the Western ME mountains for the last three days, so still a little foggy & beat up from 3 days on the slopes & all the things that come with the "dedication". I must say the last two days were stellar spring skiing with sunshine & temps in 50's....Mmmmmm still playing it back in my head....These will be the memories that get me through the summer !!

I did make it up to Saddleback for one day (unfortunately on Saturday), so another trip to Saddleback goes by without getting into the Casablanca glades...Oh Well, it will happen eventyally. The ski expectations were very very low for Saturday with the forecasted winds at 4000 feet being 45 - 50 mph sustained winds with gusts upward around 70 mph. Upon arriving at SB on Saturday, we got word they were only running the Tbar & the Sandy double. I seriously figured for $39 it would be a good investment, and ski maybe 2 hours tops given the limited veritcal....I was pleasantly surprised how much trail offerings & variety you get from the a single Tbar with less than 700 vertical feet....16 runs later, my buddy & I were beat. We thoroughly enjoyed the offerings with the two solid choices for bump runs, as well as some glades (woolly bugger & thrombosis glades).

The snowpack will take a little hit this week with warm temps, however I got to think Saddleback & Loaf will still be close to 100% open this weekend...It's mid-April & all the glades are in play!! Doesn't get much better than this....Delay the chores another weekend (or two) & get out there and: "Ski it while you can".

Awesome - glad you were able to get some skiing in off the T. Thanks for the report!