• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's done for the season

Rowsdower

Managed one last day at Big Boulder, PA on Sunday. Mid April skiing in PA with sunny 70 degree weather is something I didn't think I'd ever experience. The conditions were quite good as well. Soft snow but no bare spots on the trails I was riding, and only some puddling near the bottom of the lift. Great way to cap off the season.

boston_e

Not 100% sure yet. I might go up for a night with the kids during their April Vacation if the snow holds and Killington extends the K1 Gondola by a week (If they are down to just superstar I doubt I would do that). Other than that I may head and do some laps on Superstar on the last weekend in April

darent

finished up this last weekend at Canon,BW and Wildcat.Work is getting hectic because of winter backups. shame, a lot of snow on the ground at the areas I skied.

Bumpsis

This coming Wednesday may be my last hurrah. Going to Cannon. I was there this past Sunday and had a blast even with the crowds and relatively long lines. Great coverage top to bottom and some righteous bumps off Zoomer.
I'm hoping to get my fill of spring mush. If I'm there early enough, I'm hoping for some dry corn.

The weather this weekend doesn't look all that great for the Whites, so that will be it for Cannon and probably Sunapee too. Maybe I'll squeeze in another mid week excursion to Sugarbush next week if the weather looks good. But the temperature profile for the next 10 days just doesn't look all that good. Too many days with temps in the 60's and questionable refreeze. And that's what you need for true corn fest, not just spring mush.
Aside from that, not enough time for Tuckermans this year... family issues.

Despite all that snow and really strong winter, not many actual ski days for me this season :(

xlr8r

Had my last 2 days this weekend at Stratton. Sunday was a perfect day to close out the year. 22 days total for the year

prsboogie

April 19 (my birthday!) to be at Cannon
April 25 - TBD
May 2nd - Wildcat (hopefully)
TBD - Killington (last day of season)

+1 on the 19th bday!!!

Hoping to hit up BW but after Sunapee yesterday the kids are spent! If I can't get to BW the hoping for K-ton at least twice solo before hanging them up for a long summers nap.

SkiFanE

No way. Soccer on Saturdays now, and kids done for season. So husband and I split weekends. I brought all gear home to day trip somewhere this weekend, rather than haul to SR for a day. May try wildcat, it's been 30 years. How will a bumper like me like Wildcat? I don't want to waste a ski day.

I have a big b-day coming up mid-may, may go that weekend to K, would be my latest day on skis ever.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have skied some amazing bumps at Wildcat in the spring. Provided it's warm, it should be great.

<<<--------this guy is done

had a great time at hunter on sunday...soft snow kicked my ass...great meeting some new az'ers and skiing with other az'ers that have become friends...great way to end the season

Whitey

I've got "Dlague syndrome". Both kids play lax and I coach for my town. The only thing that saved me a couple of weeks ago was that our fields were so wet &/or snow covered that we had to cancel a lot of our practices and that freed up time to ski. Now - not so much. Had games both Saturday & Sunday. 2-3 practices during the week too. Just doesn't leave the time to get away to ski. I was on the sidelines this past Sunday and was thinking "this must be an epic day up north". Of course I checked AZ yesterday and today and yes - it looks like it was an epic day (that I missed).

I am counting the days until 2017 when I can retire from coaching and have my springs back. Promised my youngest I would coach thru the end of youth lax (U15 level). After that he goes to HS and someone else can be his coach. I'll be on the slopes.

frapcap

Not done yet! 3 passes to go on the Ski VT.

Stowe & Smuggs (Maybe Sugarbush on 4-18/19
Wildcat on occasion until they close.
Killington will wrap it up for me.

Vortex

Ya know you can get to wildcat pretty easy form bethel. Just keep going home that way of go the Nh route past cannon and loon. Loon would be very easy. I would think you will find bumps everywhere if it's warm.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mister moose

Done???

6 more weeks to go and should go from 53 days to the 70 neighborhood by the time the corks pop up on the top of Superstar.

Edd

May try wildcat, it's been 30 years. How will a bumper like me like Wildcat? I don't want to waste a ski day.

Yesterday at Wildcat was an absolute perfect spring delight.

Today was shaping up fairly well but the sun became a bit dodgy and we bailed.

Yeah, there are bumps.

SkiFanE

Ya know you can get to wildcat pretty easy form bethel. Just keep going home that way of go the Nh route past cannon and loon. Loon would be very easy. I would think you will find bumps everywhere if it's warm.

Just trying to avoid going all the way up there for a solo day of skiing - 50 or so days at SR...I need a new set of bumps. I'm not a Loon fan, even though it'd save me some $.

SkiFanE

Yesterday at Wildcat was an absolute perfect spring delight.

Today was shaping up fairly well but the sun became a bit dodgy and we bailed.

Yeah, there are bumps.

Nice! Think I may check it out - now have to decide Sat or Sunday.

JimG.

Staff member
<<<--------this guy is done

had a great time at hunter on sunday...soft snow kicked my ass...great meeting some new az'ers and skiing with other az'ers that have become friends...great way to end the season

Enjoyed the day Jim, we made it to last chair. Deck at mid-station was rocking after the lifts shut down.

Until next season.

abc

I'm quite up in the air.

It's getting rather nicely warm and sunny, perfect cycling weather down here in the flatland. And I'm an avid cyclist, much more than I'm a skier. So, if it keeps being warm, I'll be riding instead of skiing.

But, if the temperature drops back down, I may instead go hunt down some slushy bumps somewhere in the mountains.

Also, depends on how bad the allergy season goes, I may need to "escape" into the mountains for the 1st half of May. That is, if there's something reasonably close that are open with decent skiable terrain.

Depending on a lot of things... about 50/50 I'm NOT done! :)