• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's done for the season

Terry

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I am still at it. Day 74 last night. Great climb and ski at Shawnee Peak. Still lots of snow left! And yes, I am a lost cause!

jimk

I'm done. 45 days, my best year since 1976. BUT, if ever there was a spring to make the 600 mile trek to Tuckerman Ravine this would be it???:roll:

Not me, but I was close enough to smell this guy's body odor when he dropped into Corbet's at Jackson Hole.
Copy of DSCN7740.jpg

Not me, but this buddy gave me a fist bump when we finished skiiing one of the Lake Chutes at Breckenridge together.
Copy of DSCN5327.jpg

Not me, but I shared a shot or two with this couple at The Canyons.
Copy of DSCN5719.JPG

Not me, but SkiNEwhere on Zuma Ridge at Arapahoe Basin.
Copy of DSCN0099.jpg

Not me, but my lovely wife who best of all came out and joined me in Colorado for the month of March.:thumbup:
Copy of DSCN9286.jpg

drjeff

Today *could* be my 57th and last for the season....

Then again if things work out schedule wise (still awaiting my kids soccer schedules) I could potentially get 5 more days in this season :)

jaytrem

Then again if things work out schedule wise (still awaiting my kids soccer schedules) I could potentially get 5 more days in this season :)

East or West? I notice you didn't do your usual Utah trip.

I'm probably done. Did 6 days last week in VT/Whiteface. I think it was the nicest stretch of weather that VT has ever seen. Great way to end the season.

bigbog

..........if ever there was a spring to make the 600 mile trek to Tuckerman Ravine this would be it???:roll:

You've got that right jimk. Would like to get over there for at least a day of something a little steeper than what is left inbound..which are closing fast. Couple lift plates for downhill bootsoles arriving on Wed....will play the cards as they fall on Thursday... Would like to put on a 4th buckle on them but have all summer to do that....

Nice stuff Terry... This last month is not the greatest snow conditions but is beautiful for the scenery out in the country/mountains...etc.

Last edited:

salsgang

We wrapped up the season at Saddleback today (more details on the blog) but I wanted to raise a glass to you all of you that have wrapped up for the season, or are still skiing, and toast mother nature. We really had it good in Maine and New England from opening bell to closing day. Hope you all had a great season!

IMG_1822.JPG

VTKilarney

I was going to ski Bretton Woods today, but I can't get there until after the rain is supposed to start. I think I will just pop over and collect my return voucher. Fortunately I live not too far away.

So I am officially done for the year unless I get in a surprise trip to Jay Peak.

drjeff

East or West? I notice you didn't do your usual Utah trip.

Both - Could be 3 or 4 days in the East over the next few weekends and then a day or 2 in July when I fly out to Oregon to pick my daughter up from race camp at Mount Hood.

No Western trip this year - my wife had some work schedule issues that forced us to cancel a trip to Vail during the end of the Alpine World Championships. She said that I could take the kids solo (and I was ready too!!), but the kids didn't think it would be fair if we went to Vail while my wife had to stay home and work, so the trip got cancelled

mikec142

Finished on April 7th in Tremblant. Would have loved to have skied the following couple of weekends, but family events and spring sports have really kicked into high gear.

jaytrem

No Western trip this year - my wife had some work schedule issues that forced us to cancel a trip to Vail during the end of the Alpine World Championships. She said that I could take the kids solo (and I was ready too!!), but the kids didn't think it would be fair if we went to Vail while my wife had to stay home and work, so the trip got cancelled

That was nice of your kids. Oregon should be nice. Was kinda lousy mid-season this year when I went, but should be good for spring skiing. Lots of other nice stuff out there too. Enjoy!!!

elks

Add me to the list as of today. The top buckle on one of my ski boots died on me at Wildcat and while I finished the day, I can't say I cared much for that free floating feeling in my boot.

medfordmike

Saturday I got an unexpected extra day at Killington. I am going to call the season done with 29 days so I can't complain. Overall great season and the second most days I have ever skied in one season.