• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - 04.12.2015

WoodCore

Perfect day to end the 2014-2015 season at Stratton. Tons of creamy spring snow, bluebird skies and light crowds. We lapped the hill almost bell to bell with a couple stops at the beer cave we dug in the AM to quench our thirst and stop the "beer low light" from flashing. Couldn't ask for a better day on the hill.

IMG_4192.JPG

P1030352_edited-1.jpg

P1030350.JPG

P1030339.JPG

P1030312.JPG

P1030304_edited-1.jpg

P1030297.JPG

P1030300.JPG

P10302931.JPG

granite

That does look sweet...............but no picture of the beer cave!

mriceyman

Cant believe i couldnt get up there this spring. Dam work

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WoodCore

So much snow! arrghhh

Just to give you an idea of how much snow is left........ In the middle of the woods about 2/3 of the way up the mountain, I was able to stick my pole down through the snow pack right up to my elbow!

reefer

Great pics! Didn't see a bare spot at Stratton or Bromley from Magic. Very unfortunate the ski season works like this, close with 100% open, open with half a trail. Skiing on a day like Sunday is best in my book, even better than a powder day.

xlr8r

I was at Stratton too, both Saturday and Sunday to close out my season. I had one more pre purchased lodging night to use so so I stayed over Sat night, and they even gave me an upgrade because it was the last night of their season and they had some vacancy. Sunday was pretty spectacular for the last day of the year, Saturday was colder and overcast, but they did have the Pond Skim going on which was fun to watch for awhile. Got close to 35,000 VF on Sunday, lapping the Gondi and URSA. Also was playing around with a GoPro for the first time, just got one for my birthday. Did not go into the Glades for some reason, just stuck to the trails, but those photos make me regret that a bit. Interesting to see such a large resort go from full operation (with the exception of Sunbowl) to closure in the span of one weekend. Not just the Skiing, but the village, restaurants, lodging properties, shops, were all closing up shop until Memorial Day. They were running out of food and drinks on Sunday, but I managed to get one last beer at Grizzlies after my final run after 4:30 (they kept AMEX open an extra half hour). Crowd seemed decent to me, there were a lot of people there, but the Gondi and 2 sixpacks ate up whatever lines formed. Overall I got 10 days at Stratton this year on my Stratitude Pass, I'll probably be getting the MAX Pass though next year to get more variety.

octopus

i was at the last day at stratton last year, same thing, full coverage and we had an awesome time. i was also there for the vt open weekend, the bartenders were getting pissed that so many people were still there and they couldnt close at 5.

Glenn

Sunday was perfect; warm temps, full sun, slight breeze. The coverage was incredible. I saw maybe two small bare spots all day. A decent crowd for the last day too! It wasn't mobbed, but the lodge and base area were active. A great ending to the season.