• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak tram open midweek?

bdfreetuna

Hi.. just wondering if the tram is done for the season. Saw they are not running it today. Planning on driving up there tomorrow. No tram is no big deal though I was hoping for a spring run down Pump house.

If anyone can give me heads up what to expect that would be appreciated! :)

Brad J

Hi.. just wondering if the tram is done for the season. Saw they are not running it today. Planning on driving up there tomorrow. No tram is no big deal though I was hoping for a spring run down Pump house.

Was up there Sunday and was skiing great, never went on tram, woods were full and very good

fbrissette

They usually run the tram till the end. Don't know why it was closed. it is a 10 minutes easy walk to the top from the flyer. Well worth it just for the view.

Conditions were great everywhere on Sunday. You had to walk 20 feet to get to the top of pumphouse and the very top was getting sketchy but the chute itself was in prime condition. They must have lost quite a but of snow over the past couple of days. Would not be surprised to see some first closures by tomorrow. Face chute was pretty much unskiable on top. Everything else was awesome.

VTKilarney

I could have sworn that when I went midweek late-season last year the tram was not running.

Steve@jpr

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
The tram generally will not run midweek as get into middle April. It'll be back online this weekend, terrain permitting.

I could have sworn that when I went midweek late-season last year the tram was not running.

bdfreetuna

Thanks!

So I was up there today. Great day of skiing and good corn snow.

I'd say if anyone wants to ski Jay better get up there. Terrain will be dropping off quick. Many trails have total and good coverage. Others that have more sun exposure are going to have to close real soon due to bare areas.

Woods have benefited from the shade and mostly still have plenty of life left in them.

Didn't miss the tram today -- didn't look like there was enough snow on the ridge to risk it anyway. Vermonter and Ullr's look to have plenty of snow to stay open a little while though if the tram runs.

JPTracker

The tram generally will not run midweek as get into middle April. It'll be back online this weekend, terrain permitting.

In the past they would run the Tram and close the Flyer mid week early & late season.

Why the change?