• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs Intel for the Weekend

Kleetus

Have a ticket to burn at Smuggs and thinking of heading up Saturday. Temperatures look like things will be soft, may shower a bit but not a big deal. Also may switch to Sunday if the weather makes a turn for the worse. I'll prob end up going either way because my ticket is use it or lose it at this point.

My big question is, are they done running the Madonna lifts for the season? Right now only Sterling is open, and I wasn't sure if that is because it is midweek and they will re-open Madonna on the weekend, or if it's done for the season. I would find it hard to believe it's closed due to a lack of snow.

May also be tempted to hit up Stowe on the day I don't go to Smuggs, especially if they do a deal of some kind for closing weekend.

BenedictGomez

When Madonna is done, Madonna is done. I think it's unreasonable certain years, but it's what they do.

I was there the last day of the season last year, still had fun on Sterling with little rivers draining off everywhere in 70's weather. Called it a day around 1pm or so and headed to Brewster's.

Savemeasammy

I was there a few years ago on closing day and Madonna was spinning. Maybe they just have it shut down during the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madroch

Thought I read somewhere on either Facebook or website that m1 was possible if conditions permit....

frapcap

A couple of us will be at Stowe/Smuggs this weekend, too.

Hopefully they run the Madonna, but my gut is telling me they won't.

xwhaler

From their FB:

Smugglers' Notch Resort

April 13 at 8:30am ·

The end of the season is getting close, but we still have 7 more days of skiing and riding to go! Closing day is Sunday, April 19, 2015. The Sterling Lift is operating Monday through Friday this week. Weather permitting we plan to operate both Madonna 1 Lift and Sterling Lift for closing weekend. Great spring conditions!

Last edited:

frapcap

Outstanding!

Now begs the question- Which would you ski on which day- Stowe and Smuggs?
I'm leaning towards Smuggs on Saturday since Madonna hasn't been open for a while now

Kleetus

Outstanding!

Now begs the question- Which would you ski on which day- Stowe and Smuggs?
I'm leaning towards Smuggs on Saturday since Madonna hasn't been open for a while now

Thinking Smuggs Sat as well. Shorter commute home on Sun. May do MRG instead of Stowe on Sun because I can get a deal on Tix...Was hoping Stowe's pricing would be a little less given its closing day but haven't seen anything yet. I can get a ticket to MRG on Sunday for around $30 and as of now most is still open.

If you want to make some turns Sat at Smuggs send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Was hoping Stowe's pricing would be a little less given its closing day but haven't seen anything yet.

ka5sn.jpg

frapcap

^ That is about right. Not coincidentally, one of the reasons I've never skied there.

prsboogie

The only way to ski Stowe is on a club day or if in your area a bus trip. Day trips out of RI are 70 and someone else drives!!!

Savemeasammy

Stowe is in the rotation for "ski and ride with the point". It's on a Friday, but it's half price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk