Fruita Colorado

AlpineZone

Thread: Fruita Colorado

Fruita Colorado

I know not northeast but Any serious Mt bikers ever looking for a trip out west check out Fruita, CO. Finally got in a ride here earlier this week and some great riding and scenery. While you northeast riders are waiting for mud season to let up you can enjoy this trip report with lots of photos from my ride. http://tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com/2...elli-area.html

Very nice. Makes me want to take up mountain biking. I've never been to Fruita area, but I drove from Glenwood Springs to Park City via Dinosaur, CO and Vernal, UT in February and saw similar high desert ranch country. It is fascinatingly different from the wet, woodsy and heavily populated environment we are used to along much of the East Coast. Must be fun for you to explore different areas.

Very, very nice! I have these delusions of taking a road trip to Fruita this summer with my brother. It's been on the radar for a while. Well...I have to choose between there and Crested Butte. Such different terrain/views from the typical EC root fest.

I was just dirtiking/mountain biking and camping in Rabbit Valley a few weeks ago! Actually stopped at Rabbit Valley on a trip back from Moab and returned to the same the following weekend... awesome information!

Items for Sale
    Moab is another hot spot.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Fruita and moab are close enough that they both can easily be done on the same trip. Lots of trial going in at both areas. If in fruita and craving some mountain type aspen riding turkey flats up on glade park delivers without needing to go far. Also grand mesa has some fun stuff for variety.
    Last edited by snoseek; Jun 24, 2015 at 8:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ski stef View Post
    ??

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information