• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 4-19

Cannonball

Half hour ago it was sunny and 60 at Cannon as I drove by. Right now it is pouring with thunder and lightning. Can see and hear it from Lincoln, but we are just outside the storm band. Really wild! I'm out walking my dog but thunder and wind are barreling down from the Notch.

dlague

.... So much for that! Didn't get back to the car in time. Got caught in it in Lincoln. Sideways rain

We almost did not ski on Saturday since we would not have made it there until 11 and the weather report predicted thunderstorms around 1. However, as my wife generally says, we have a seasons pass so even if we ski for two hours - who cares. So we headed up to Cannon and skied from 11 to 2:45. It was awesome. Stopped at the Ski Museum around 3 and came out to lightning and thunder and crazy winds. Timing is everything. Glad we went both Saturday and Sunday. It was nice seeing several from AlpineZone on Sunday!

Puck it

Driving up on Sunday. Right before Tripoli Rd exit. There was a large number of trees down and laying in one direction. Looks like it might have been a microburst.