• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Off-Season Ski Edit Thread (keep the stoke going)

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Off season blues? Find some stoke here! Last summer there were a lot of ski edits being shared with each being given an individual thread. Hopefully we can store them all in one place this off-season!

Found this on Unofficial Networks today

dlague

Off season blues? Find some stoke here! Last summer there were a lot of ski edits being shared with each being given an individual thread. Hopefully we can store them all in one place this off-season!

Found this on Unofficial Networks today

I tried this last summer but I think people do not bother to look for this thread to post in it! Kept having to merge or better yet some one would post in thread like this and then someone else would create a new thread with the same vid.

Hope it sticks this summer.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'm not ready! I'm not ready! I'm not ready! I'm not ready!

I said, "I'M NOT READY!!" Don't you get it?! Get out of here!

Okay, look, if you don't bother me about the "off" season I promise to work out and be ready for next season and then I'll ski into August, okay?

Ughhh ...

Wake me when it starts to snow again.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Isn't Killington open until June? How can you people even talk this way? For shame!

Jcb890

Isn't Killington open until June? How can you people even talk this way? For shame!

I'm not sure of conditions and snow coverage though. Remaining open mountains in New England:

Jay Peak
Killington
Okemo
Sugarbush
Sugarloaf
Sunday River
Wildcat

nkLottery

Killington just dropped their count to 37 but I was there on Saturday and there were 100+ open; I'm guessing they just have many trails on hold. Judging by what I saw Saturday, plus webcams and weather I think we could see maybe 50-60 trails back open for this weekend. Should be a transformative weekend though...might dwindle things down to just Superstar being open (which is slated to stay open til June)

dlague

Killington just dropped their count to 37 but I was there on Saturday and there were 100+ open; I'm guessing they just have many trails on hold. Judging by what I saw Saturday, plus webcams and weather I think we could see maybe 50-60 trails back open for this weekend. Should be a transformative weekend though...might dwindle things down to just Superstar being open (which is slated to stay open til June)

My guess is they will start to close down pods and limit things to K-1 and SS lifts. And very soon to just SS lift with Superstar, Skyelark and Bittersweet open into May.

chuckstah

Killington was good yesterday afternoon when the rain stopped. 67 trails were open as everything was soft. Snowdon trails required a short hike up killink, but the lift is scheduled for this weekend. Snowed a bit above 3500 feet or so.

Attachments

• 1429723010312.jpg
    1429723010312.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 1429723066737.jpg
    1429723066737.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 117

Warp Daddy

You guys NEED to get some other interests badly ! celebrate other fun things , dont be one trick ponys

Get busy making a life , there is way more to it than just skiing ....just sayin .

We LOVE skiing but man there is way more to life :stirpot:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
We LOVE skiing but man there is way more to life :stirpot:
In all seriousness, I enjoy hiking, bicycling, swimming and while I'm ENJOYING these activities I'm thinking, "This will help my skiing". Never once did I think while I'm bangin through a mogul field covered in fresh snow, "This will help my bicycling".

ironhippy

I have a long history of hiking, biking, snowshoeing, climbing, hockey, etc. and I got back into skiing after an injury limited my ability to do the things I love. I hadn't skied much since I was 10 years old, 20+ years ago.

I'm not sure any of the other things I've done (including winning races/games) has compared to a full on powder day at the ski hill in terms of pure enjoyment of the sport.

I am now slowly getting back into the other things (knowing I'll never be near where I was) with the hope that it will improve my skiing for next year.

I'm an addict. I don't want help.