• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sunday river 5/2

Vortex

Loved having 2 more weeks than recent years at the River. It set up just a little with temps right around Freezing Friday night. I skied 8 to 11. Started to get soft a little too soft for me. Crowds were very manageable. Barker lodge side of the Line got long as people showed up, but the left side never had more than a 5 minute Wait. Skiing was very good. Better than the last May day we made. Could be wrong, but 2004 comes to mind. The Barker Deck was hopping as well as the parking lots. Not sure if I am done, but if I am it finished well.

chuckstah

Great closing day. As a bronze passholder, I dont usually ski weekends, but this was a nice way to end the season. I, as well, made both opening and closing days. The snow was going quick. Patrol closed Agony around 2 as there was no longer a ribbon. Glad they made the effort to get into May.