• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - 5/3/15

skiMEbike

Date(s) Skied: Sugarloaf

Resort or Ski Area: 5/3/15

Conditions: Temps in the 60's. Partly sunny. Corn, Cream Cheese, Hero Snow.

Trip Report: I realize we have another TR from the previous day by Loafskier, but I figure we can't have too much of a good thing. Many of the things stated in that TR apply to this one as well. The amount of terrain open, and the depth of the snowpack has got to be the best I've seen at the Loaf for some time (maybe best in the last 10 years - or at least as far back as 2007). To put things into perspective (for those that ski the Loaf late season), the following is not typical for May @ the Loaf:
  • Everything open (and by "open" I mean skiable with good conditions) off spillway xcut, including glades.
  • Gondi wall to wall snow without the typical bare spot at the top.
  • 5 routes to the Superquad below Peavy: L WWay, Boardwalk, Guage, Candyside, & Tote.
  • Lombard Xcut open without having to take off skis or ski thru fast grass/mud.
  • Ability to ski (top to bottom) Bubblecuffer, Winter's Way, and Double Bitter

Overall a great day to finish off the season, possibly the best closing day for me. All of the trails skied great, so any trail could win the coveted "trail of the day" designation.

TOD: Misery Whip
TOY(Trail of the Year): Bubblecuffer

Here are some pictures to get us through the summer:

Oh my gosh:
IMG_0880.jpg

Looking good for May:
IMG_0881.jpg

Gondi:
IMG_0883.jpg

A couple from Misery Whip:
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg

LoafSkier19

Nice report! I wish I could've stayed one more day but couldn't. Planning to go back tomorrow and earn some turns.

skiMEbike

Nice report! I wish I could've stayed one more day but couldn't. Planning to go back tomorrow and earn some turns.

I am still pinching myself....for having skied those conditions in May!! You should be able to earns some turns for at least a few more weeks. They should be skiing Skidder well into June. Keep us wanna-be's at bay with some reports & pictures. Enjoy!