• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Any recommendations for the best deals? I plan to join the CSC club, but don't know if they're included with this.
There is a swiss army knife of deals out there. You have to mold a combination that suits your style. There are short fuse, long fuse, blackout, group, early purchase, marketing plays, all like you see on the first page.

So, no, I can't recommend anything until you start talking about what kind of skiing you want to do - where, when, how many people, how much money you can pony up front, how locked in do you want to be, specific ski areas, states, days of week.

You have to think through ahead of time your ski plans - flexible, inflexible, lots of dates, just a few, etc. Once you narrow that down, we can start to build a package of deals that will work for you. Otherwise you're gonna get "this is a great deal" or "that is a great deal", when in fact, it may not work at all for you.

For me, I cobble together summer club sales, radio promotions, ski vermont promotions, fall club sales, appreciation days, season passholder's discount privs, and affinity cards to get to a plan that is the most flexible for me, since chasing storms at good mountains is what I love to do.

steamboat1

Oh please billski can you help me out. I haven't a clue what to do....:p

Actually I'm pretty much set & have been since spring. I'll pick up a thing or two more here & there.

BenedictGomez

The search function on this message board is the worst I've ever seen. Roughly when do I need to be on the lookout for the Fox 44?

Cornhead

The cards are sold through "My Champlain Valley" http://wfff.halfoffdeals.com/ When I Googled "Fox 44 Ski Card" I came up with a post I made on NYS Ski Blog on 10/23/13. I went out West instead of buying one last year. They did sell out quicker than previous years last year IIRC. So hop on it quick when it comes up. You can subscribe to the site, so they probably notify you when new deals come up.

dlague

I captured the image from last years thread. October 27th. We are getting a little too anxious - still have time. While I am at it October 1st for the VT Ski 3/5 Passes. The Killington 2 fers should be popping up soon!

fox44az.jpg

BenedictGomez

I captured the image from last years thread. October 27th. We are getting a little too anxious - still have time. While I am at it October 1st for the VT Ski 3/5 Passes. The Killington 2 fers should be popping up soon!

attachment.php

Perfect; thanks.

BenedictGomez

Backcountry.com and SierraTradingPost.com have been added to Jet.com's retailer cash back program at 6% and 4% respectively, and Jet.com is currently offering a free trial membership.

TRANSLATION: If you happen to be putting say a $300 order through Backcountry, join Jet.com first and save another $18 on your order.

frapcap

i captured the image from last years thread. October 27th. We are getting a little too anxious - still have time. While i am at it october 1st for the vt ski 3/5 passes. The killington 2 fers should be popping up soon!

attachment.php

noted!

prsboogie

Backcountry.com and SierraTradingPost.com have been added to Jet.com's retailer cash back program at 6% and 4% respectively, and Jet.com is currently offering a free trial membership.

TRANSLATION: If you happen to be putting say a $300 order through Backcountry, join Jet.com first and save another $18 on your order.

Currently activejunky.com is 10/7% and there is no fees for joining http://www.activejunky.com/invite/54835 and I can get freebees if you join and spend!!

Skier4life

Not sure if it's worth a mention but I just noticed this one today...Stowe has joined the Mountain Collective. www.mountaincollective.com

In theory, it seems like a good deal when you calculate individual mountain prices (sub $20 a day), but that is only if you are able to make it to all the mountains and utilise all 22 days (one of the mountains is in AUSTRALIA). Considering that the resorts are considerably spread out, it seems more of a deal akin to the ski-bum inclined.

Being an east coast thread, its definitely not worth looking into if you can only go to Stowe!

dlague

Ok - it is a good deal then to buy the Collective Pass and take advantage of the 50% off deal at Stowe.

If you go less more than 27 times buy the pass. But, if you go 12 it averages to about $78 per day. And the average goes down from there up to 27 times where the pass becomes a better deal. Either way neither is good for me.